Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Ameraucana

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Dawnclucks22

Crowing
May 28, 2017
Naboo
Always thought this girl was an EE, but I’ve noticed some striking resemblances to the Wheaten Ameraucana breed. She lays bright blue eggs.
IMG_4723.jpeg

Attachments

• D89D54E0-2E5E-4C1B-BAFB-5FD6A817BBF3.jpeg
    D89D54E0-2E5E-4C1B-BAFB-5FD6A817BBF3.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 19
She does look like an Ameraucana, but she doesn't look wheaten, because she lacks black tail feathers, and I don't see any black at the wings or neck. She might be a splash wheaten, which can happen when blue wheatens are bred together-- those shouldn't show much black. Or maybe she's a wheaten but just a little off in color. Hard to say for sure. She's a pretty hen whatever way the genes fall.

She may be either depending on where you got her.
I have a bantam EE that could almost classify as bantam Ameraucana: she’s a color strikingly similar to wheaten, has all the standard features, peacomb, slate legs, muffs and beard, and her eggs are the cutest robin’s egg blue. Nevertheless she’s still EE.

It was the best pic I could find, I understand. Her legs are grey, but I wouldn’t say slate. The bottoms of her feet are like a pinkish version of this color.
I lean towards buff ameraucana, depending on where you got her. I have an EE that looks exactly like a black ameraucana. She could totally pass for one. Thing is, her father was an araucana and her mother was an ameraucana. That makes her an EE.
Anyway, here's the link to the Ameraucana Breeder's Club gallery.
http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/gallery.html

I lean towards buff ameraucana, depending on where you got her. I have an EE that looks exactly like a black ameraucana. She could totally pass for one. Thing is, her father was an araucana and her mother was an ameraucana. That makes her an EE.
Anyway, here's the link to the Ameraucana Breeder's Club gallery.
http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/gallery.html
She was a rescue from our local feed store, forget to mention! Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom