EE pattern at 3 weeks?

IvyBeans

Songster
May 22, 2023
Seattle suburbs
I know it’s early, but just for fun- this is my EE from Mt Healthy. I only got 2 EE and can only keep one, but I’m hoping to keep this one because I love her poofy cheeks. Last year I had an EE that started getting red shoulders at 3 weeks, but I heard black and white EE get white splotches instead of red? Her back and belly feathers seem to be coming in white.

I’m wondering if anyone wants to guess if this is a pullet pattern or cockerel pattern at this point. Personality wise, she’s flighty but docile. Not much comb growth, her tail growth is behind the other EE, but faster than one of our sex-linked noir marans.

Asking about the black and white one, the other EE in the pics is brown and quite a bit bigger than she is.

Attachments

• IMG_7196.jpeg
    IMG_7196.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7191.jpeg
    IMG_7191.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7193.jpeg
    IMG_7193.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 19
Updated pics at 4 weeks. She has a tiny comb that barely is starting to show. Hopefully that’s a good sign. It’s smaller than her sister’s, who is bigger and has thicker legs but a more typical pullet pattern. Her neck feathers look black and white.

My last surprise cockeral had a noticeable prominent pea comb by 4 weeks. Has anyone had a small, barely there pea comb at 4 weeks and had it blossom into a cockeral?

Also, the chick she’s next to in the first pick is a bit of a runt. I have 4 chicks, and white and black is the 3rd in size.
IMG_7304.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7297.jpeg
    IMG_7297.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 11
You don’t think her pattern is too splotchy? She’s the only one I’ve ever had that has muffs so I want her to be a pullet so I can keep her.
Her pattern looks fairly even for now. It's too early to say for sure that she's a pullet, but nothing is screaming cockerel to me yet.

Back
Top Bottom