Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egg binding

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Injury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Thanks Sally. I'm chewin' on my fingernails over here. I've already put in soo much work getting these gals worm and lice free.

awww I am sorry sweetie
hugs.gif

omg she dose look vary scared!!! try giving her warm water. which might help her to calm down. if she dosent drink try feeding her some bread. i know most people will think this wont help but i have a feeling. is she hot? that might be why shes breathing lots?

I don't know if there's much I can do... she is a bit warm, but not super hot. It's pretty cold right now, so not heatstroke.

Last edited:
Can you see if she will drink some water with electrolytes in it. Gatorade or Pedialyte will do in a pinch. Hold a small cup or bowl up to her beak--dip her beak into the water to get her to take a drink, and then she make drink some on her own. Get her warmed up, by bringing her inside, or setting up a heat lamp. But the water is most important to try first. She could just be very dehydrated, or have a vitamin deficiency, which can look neurological like Mareks. I would feel inside her vent an inch or so for a stuck egg, just in case. Riboflavin (vitamin B2) deficiency can cause the toes to curl under.

Last edited:
Right now I'm just hoping for the best and waiting for morning @Eggcessive, It's too dark now to do much of anything. When I was last out I separated her and put her on a bed of shavings. I can't think straight right now, sorry if I missed any posts.

Edit: I don't have any electrolytes either. I'll get some tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
This hen really does need to be in a warm place, 80-85 degrees is ideal. If she stays outside there is a very good chance the cold will kill her.

-Kathy

I'll be going to get her then. Question, can any diseases from chickens be transmitted to dogs, rabbits or guinea pigs? I have those critters in my basement and don't want to get them sick. Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom