Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egg binding

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Injury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
you dont want it too hot.. or it could kill her within 6 hours even if she would have sevived.. not too hot and not too cold.. vary importent

Wondering the same thing. Also wondering when the dusting was done and if perhaps since she is high strung the handling by a human to do the dusting could have caused some shock to set in. Like when one narrowly escapes a predator attack.

Wondering the same thing. Also wondering when the dusting was done and if perhaps since she is high strung the handling by a human to do the dusting could have caused some shock to set in. Like when one narrowly escapes a predator attack.

I have some very high strung guineas, peafowl and chickens, and never had had a healthy one go into shock from being handled.

-Kathy

If she is still walking, has droopy wings and acts weak and drunk, she may have coccidia. If it is cold where you are, the cold will definitely cause a sick chicken to go into shock. She NEEDS to be in a warm place.

Okay.

This hen really does need to be in a warm place, 80-85 degrees is ideal. If she stays outside there is a very good chance the cold will kill her.

-Kathy

The basement is 65--70 degrees, is that ok?

Do you have Corid? Are you able to get some ?

No, but I might be able to get some tomorrow

You mentioned your chickens acted sick after you dusted them. What did you use?

Permethrin. Sorry I should have clarified, they were all fine except her. She was just doing a stress response as she didn't like being on her back.

Last edited:
I agree with Kathy, healthy chickens will not go into shock just because they are handled. Even unhandled roosters that need attitude adjustments don't suffer from shock even after I knocked the crap out of them.....

She's usually great with everyday handling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom