EE pullet starting to worry me.....roo?

Quote:
I'm sorry. I'm not trying to trouble you and to be honest, EEs are not my breed. The others may be 100% right and I'm wrong. I hope so, for your sake.
smile.png

IDK but my 8 week old EE has a MUCH redder comb, and started to develop it by about 6 weeks. He crowed at 7 1/2 weeks. The prettiest one of the bunch!

Oh don't worry I wouldn't be very upset if it was a roo. Its not a very friendly chicken. I'm just dying to know what 'it' is!

The feathers are not pointy, the black "design" on them are in a point which gives the appearance of pointy hackles. Also, with her coloration, if she were a male it would have some darker patches of red on her shoulders.

That's a girl. Feather shape aside (though I agree with pips&peeps; lots of EEs have feather patterns that make them appear pointy), a cockeral would have a much more pronounced and red comb by that age.

i'll chime in with another girl vote for you...
i have an EE that has hackles that look very rooish, but her saddle feathers are very rounded just like your girls are... but she kept me guessing for the longest time....
your girl has very feminine saddle and tail feathers...

Back
Top Bottom