EE, Roo or Pullet?

gjpaddles

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Anaheim Hills
I've been searching thru everyone's pictures of their beautiful Easter Eggers. Trying to find one similar to mine. The front chest of "it" looks like a Golden Laced Wyandotte. And the back is, well, red & black . I bought 2 EEs from a lady nearby that hatched a few chicks. One looks like typical EE and this one looks different to me. Does anyone have one similar to mine? Any advise on the color/sex of this chick. It is 9 weeks old. Has a single comb, slightly pink comb at the base, but not red on the tips of the comb. Let me know what you think.

The red and black one at the base of the ladder is the suspect.
54371_gizmo8wk-top.jpg

Stand up on perch
54371_gizmo-stripe6wks1.jpg

54371_gizmo8wks-side.jpg

54371_gizmostripe6wkstops.jpg

As a chick
54371_100_1630.jpg

54371_100_1615.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
hit.gif

I'm still about 50% sure as well. Thought I would know by now. I keep stalking my chicken coop to see if I see any signs or hear any crowing...but nothing to make me sure of it being a pullet or a roo for sure.

Thanks for your input!

Sorry, I don't know. But I'll keep watching this thread for more answers.

I have one that looks almost exactly like that, except "her" comb is a triple row pea comb. She has the same black cape of feathers at the base of her neck. No crowing, no sickle or thin hackle feathers, but her comb is bigger and darker than the rest. She acts rooish too.

Here are some updated pics. I noticed in the sun that some of it's black feathers are iridescent green. Does that mean anything? I don't know what "it" was mixed with. I can't find anything to compare it to. It has a red/black laced chest. Feathers look roundish. I'm still not sure if it's a pullet or a roo.

54371_gizmo-top.jpg

54371_gizmo-tail-saddle.jpg

54371_gizmo-profile.jpg

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom