12.5 weeks - wyandottes and a mix - any roosters?

labelo

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2023
My parents got some eggs for a broody hen from neighbors, and we're curious about this guy/gal. That comb looks mighty roo-ish to me (he's 12.5 weeks old).
Parentage uncertain, but the neighbors say they have leghorns and black stars/sexlinks.

Mostly black with some red/white leakage around the shoulders and neck. Skinnier and slightly smaller than wyandotte pullets of the same age.

Photos at 12.5 weeks (and freshly hatched)
3Gs38ZY.jpg
VDcVOgB.jpg
SDE2prK.jpg

They also have several golden laced wyandotte and splash laced red wyandotte chicks (12 weeks old). One of the splashes is supposed to be a rooster, but it's hard to tell which--I know they're still young, but do we think this one might be a roo? (chicken in the foreground in the first two photos, in the background in the last photo next to the other splashes for reference) Largest/reddest comb/wattle (though still small), bigger than the others, and more red/less distinct lacing.

pBLDBUx.jpg
ZyXZEpf.jpg
2uVFE2j.jpg

They'll be pleased! They've been trying to raise a rooster or two for a while, but keep having the fantastic luck of getting pullets and/or losing their cockerels to wildlife.

Back
Top Bottom