Eeeeeek 5 day shipping

NexGenKen

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2023
I ordered chicks 3/25. They shipped mid day the 27th. The shipping is saying they'll be here the 1st which is a total of 5 days in shipping. I figured that may be wrong but any input on what to expect? Anyone ever had chicks show up at day 5 or longer and what was your experience. I typically buy locally which are typically shipped in but this is my first online order shipped to me. Expecting 30 wyandottes

Join the club! I have both had eggs shipped here 4 times and shipped eggs out 4 times. Only one of those batches made it in four days. The rest were five or six.

All any of us did was put them pointy side down in an egg carton at room temperature for 24 hours.

I had horrible hatch rates, around 25% as did those who got my eggs.

A few years ago I bought eggs shipped to me three different times and every time I got around 75% hatch rate.

I do not know what is going on with the USPS this year!

5 Days !!! 😵‍💫

Will they be given food and water ???

Never heard of it taking that long, longest I have waited is overnight from Normandy (north France an 11 hour drive away !)

🤔 But I guess France is a wee bit smaller than USA 😂

Oh no!! That is a really long time.

I am hoping that they arrive much faster.
How far away from you is the hatchery?

Be aware that the shipping updates rarely show exactly where they are. Often the update is behind the actual location.

I ordered chicks 3/25. They shipped mid day the 27th. The shipping is saying they'll be here the 1st which is a total of 5 days in shipping. I figured that may be wrong but any input on what to expect? Anyone ever had chicks show up at day 5 or longer and what was your experience. I typically buy locally which are typically shipped in but this is my first online order shipped to me. Expecting 30 wyandottes
How long did it take? Did they arrive okay? ♥️

Back
Top Bottom