Effectiveness of Marek's vaccine?

Are there certain breeds/types of chickens that more susceptible to markes than others at least in general. I know that it also depends on where that individual line comes from. But anyway I'm trying to avoid chickens that are more likely to be susceptibility to mareks and get chicken breeds/types that are usually more Mareks resistant.
Thank you.

Always go with the vaccine for chickens. Someone i know keeps chickens and other animals and once one that had been vaccinated had mareks. I believe it was vaccinated after one day old though

Are there certain breeds/types of chickens that more susceptible to markes than others at least in general. I know that it also depends on where that individual line comes from. But anyway I'm trying to avoid chickens that are more likely to be susceptibility to mareks and get chicken breeds/types that are usually more Mareks resistant.
Thank you.
There are and one of them is Sebrights. I would look up the studies and read thoroughly tho just in case it was a anomaly. But mostly it's going to be chickens with weak immune systems but even healthy ones can get it and just never show signs.

There are and one of them is Sebrights. I would look up the studies and read thoroughly tho just in case it was a anomaly. But mostly it's going to be chickens with weak immune systems but even healthy ones can get it and just never show signs.
So Sebrights are more susceptible to mareks?

I heard that breeds like pearl white leghorns and other egg layers are more susceptible to mareks is this true?

Back
Top Bottom