eFowl? please help!

Saerie

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 20, 2014
Has anyone ever heard of or used eFowl?
I've never even heard of them, but they're the one place that has the breed I need to order.
Please tell me anything you know about them. Thanks :)

I have heard of them, but I have never ordered from there.

I get mine from MEYER HATCHERY.
My birds were in perfect health, very happy with the company.
You might want to look it up to see if they carry what your looking for.

Last edited:
I considered efowl a few times and finally ordered some Calls from there. Quality was better than the Calls Meyer used to sell before they started copying the other hatcheries and offering pretty much the same breeds as most everyone else (they do carry a few unique ones in limited quantities but want $20 per chick... a bit out of my price range). The Calls from efowl weren't show quality but for pets or breeding birds they were good enough.

I've done some researching, and I believe you can request that your chicks be vaccinated. I think you have to pay for the vaccination though.

I have never ordered from them either. I am pretty sure that you have to ask for them to be vaccinated and pay extra for it. The vaccine they usually offer is Marek's. However, if they are vaccinated and if I understand correctly, that will make them carriers for life. Infectious bronchitis is not usually offered.
I have never seen/heard of as many chicken diseases in my life as I have here. We moved here about 3 years ago. Mareks, IB, Fowl Pox and who knows what else. I either buy vaccinated or vaccinate myself for these as well as for Newcastle Disease (just because it comes in my IB vaccine).
After vaccinating with Mareks, you should sell only to people who keep a vaccinated flock otherwise it can cause Mareks in their own chickens. If you vaccinate or buy vaccinated you should only feed non-medicated chick starter for a while as it can cause the vaccine to not be as effective.

Back
Top Bottom