Egg Eating Cure?

Keep it or Give it

• Keep

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Give

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sadly to report, she is died. Yesterday morning, a raccoon got to her and took her to an unknown place, I cant find her body anywhere.
hit.gif
That's two chickens died in less than a week

I'm very sorry for your loss.
hit.gif

My first flock was killed by predators. One missing here, one pile of feathers there, then a neighborhood dog dug his way into the pen in broad daylight and killed them all. I know it was a dog because he left them all in place.

Looks like you're in my boat. When I decided to try again, I had my hubby and a friend build a new coop from scratch and attached a secure pen. It is fully wrapped, top and bottom, with welded wire. Nothing can get in from the top or bottom.

You're going to need to figure out something or you will lose all your chickens.

Quote:
I'm very sorry for your loss.
hit.gif

My first flock was killed by predators. One missing here, one pile of feathers there, then a neighborhood dog dug his way into the pen in broad daylight and killed them all. I know it was a dog because he left them all in place.

Looks like you're in my boat. When I decided to try again, I had my hubby and a friend build a new coop from scratch and attached a secure pen. It is fully wrapped, top and bottom, with welded wire. Nothing can get in from the top or bottom.

You're going to need to figure out something or you will lose all your chickens.

Well luckily it wasn't in my coop, the one who died by the raccoon, was in a neighbor's isolation coop which I didn't have but need to build.

I am sorry to hear about your chickens... but at least you have a better secured coop now.

UPDATE:

I thank you all for the advise given, haven't had a broken egg in over a month! My molting chicken is thankfully going through a light molting stage and should be over soon. I am so happy there hasn't been any more crushed, eated, or broken eggs!

Going to gather eggs now.

BunnyLover44

Back
Top Bottom