Egg Peeler

A photo would be nice. We all want to see what she looks like.
Slider I was about to post a pic of my egg peeler and found out the hard way its a convertible model, It can be turned into a vampire...

lau.gif
. Don't let her hear you say that... You will be peeling them yourself in the future.
Oh I told her James, we get along very well, unless maybe I'm posting a photo of her to a chicken forum...

However stereotypical this may sound, Philipinas LOVE to take pictures and have their pictures taken,

So when shes dolled up for church she will be unable to resist...I'll shoot one then.

I had one of those once, but every time I tried to use it, the egg would fly back at me and I'd have to do it by hand....
he.gif

I steam the eggs not boil ,and after 3 to 4 minutes rinse them in cold water for about ten seconds so I can touch them , roll them on hard surface for multi cracking the shell starting at air sac end they peel real easy. Until I build a peeler with silicone food grade tube over aluminum tube, funnel on top, with a piano wire in the center of the two silicone covered tubes both turned by one handle one clockwise the other counter clockwise so they pull to the middle like a pasta maker , with same adjustability .That's how I figure it, the tube we use for high temp beer transfer it is 1/2 inch inside dia. If I ever get the peeler done I"ll post picts.Apparently you can buy them for 200$. The prototyping and one off build would probably cost more if you don't have a milling machine or lathe.
So have you tried to build one yet? I've seen the ones on Youtube, don't know that they are worth the price. Since I'm the egg peeler at my house it sure would be nice to have the mechanical kind.

Nope ,scaling back on quail for the winter and have less eggs and interest, we will probably keep half as many quail and use the eggs fresh next season. Many other projects on board . Less enthused .The concept is relegated to the land of make believe.

Well i have been looking this project from a few years now. here i am again reserching for building one. Im planning to purchase one of those expensive $200+- just to take it apart and build one.

If anyone is interested in taking part for one let me know. We could purchase one and share the pics and meassurements.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom