~Egg Salad or Sale~ ~d'Uccles, South Americans, Cochins, Silkied Ameraucanas, Orps~ ~Eggs to go~ ~Bu

I love the way you set up this Buy it now page.
Can I Make mine the almost same way? LOL
Need to get rid of some eggs.

Go for it, baby! It's free for the taking.

Drowning in eggs, with more each day...it's crazy season, but the broody-tude is taking over, so that ought to balance out the egg-factories.

If that's a fire sale, I'd hate to see your regular prices!

I've been working on a lot of these for years, and I don't feed commercial crud, nor take care of them poorly. I understand some others sell more affordably, but I put hard work and pride in what I do and my time, research efforts, hard work, callouses, poopy knees, and tears are certainly worth every bit. I appreciate the skepticism of folks on the outside looking in, but those in the know -who've done the work- are willing to pay for the high quality and care.

Trust me- I about fell over the first time I saw the price of a dozen Lavender Orps a long time back...

Thanks for looking!

I've been working on a lot of these for years, and I don't feed commercial crud, nor take care of them poorly. I understand some others sell more affordably, but I put hard work and pride in what I do and my time, research efforts, hard work, callouses, poopy knees, and tears are certainly worth every bit. I appreciate the skepticism of folks on the outside looking in, but those in the know -who've done the work- are willing to pay for the high quality and care.

Trust me- I about fell over the first time I saw the price of a dozen Lavender Orps a long time back...

Thanks for looking!
If I had any room left in my bators I would be snatching up some of those eggs.. but I already have eggs on the way (muscovy and goose) and room is very limited..

and for anyone who wants to complain about your prices.. last year i almost bought a dozen lavender orp eggs.. for 90 a dozen PLUS shipping.. I decided against it because the girl selling them is a local and I was going to drive over to pick up the eggs.. and she STILL wanted the full price (including the shipping)!.. had she given me a break on the shipping because I was picking them up they would have been mine...

If I had any room left in my bators I would be snatching up some of those eggs.. but I already have eggs on the way (muscovy and goose) and room is very limited..

and for anyone who wants to complain about your prices.. last year i almost bought a dozen lavender orp eggs.. for 90 a dozen PLUS shipping.. I decided against it because the girl selling them is a local and I was going to drive over to pick up the eggs.. and she STILL wanted the full price (including the shipping)!.. had she given me a break on the shipping because I was picking them up they would have been mine...

I remember when they were in the hundreds...I can't justify that, but for the projects that take years to get to the point of selling any eggs at all, you're darn tootin' I'm going to look for a bit of recoup. Not unethical at all. It's what any industry does.

I can't fathom charging shipping when selling picked-up eggs...that's hideous. I give breaks for bulk, never charge anything extra on local, and if shipping is much cheaper than what I charged, I've been known to REFUND it. I pay the difference when it's more and my mistake, too.

I want to have good customer service and happy hatchers. Fuzzbutts are a necessary result!!

Do you remember when the first set of Coronation Sussex went on sale? It was over $1000! Or even last year, the Buff-Laced and Gold-Laced Brahmas at over $1000 a dozen? It took 20 years of work to get them to that level of perfection- I'm not about to diminish the work that went into that by saying it's just eggs...

Do you remember when the first set of Coronation Sussex went on sale? It was over $1000! Or even last year, the Buff-Laced and Gold-Laced Brahmas at over $1000 a dozen? It took 20 years of work to get them to that level of perfection- I'm not about to diminish the work that went into that by saying it's just eggs...

yup... and that's why I don't own any.. a little too much for my budget
gig.gif

but I also realize that some of the "newer" breeds (to this country anyway), the people who have them also had to import birds or eggs from other countries plus build up their own flocks to the point where they could actually spare eggs for others... they had to selectively breed and cull to help preserve the breed and to be able to sell good representations of that breed
so even if it's out of my budget I still can't complain about the price... cause I know it cost them a lot in terms of supplies, the original birds, feed, and their time in order to be able to offer the eggs or birds for sale...

I remember when they were in the hundreds...I can't justify that, but for the projects that take years to get to the point of selling any eggs at all, you're darn tootin' I'm going to look for a bit of recoup. Not unethical at all. It's what any industry does.

I can't fathom charging shipping when selling picked-up eggs...that's hideous. I give breaks for bulk, never charge anything extra on local, and if shipping is much cheaper than what I charged, I've been known to REFUND it. I pay the difference when it's more and my mistake, too.

I want to have good customer service and happy hatchers. Fuzzbutts are a necessary result!!

yeah.. she wouldn't wave the $20 for shipping even though I drove out to her place to pick up the eggs... to me that part was just unethical.. so I drove back home without the eggs

yup... and that's why I don't own any.. a little too much for my budget
gig.gif

but I also realize that some of the "newer" breeds (to this country anyway), the people who have them also had to import birds or eggs from other countries plus build up their own flocks to the point where they could actually spare eggs for others... they had to selectively breed and cull to help preserve the breed and to be able to sell good representations of that breed
so even if it's out of my budget I still can't complain about the price... cause I know it cost them a lot in terms of supplies, the original birds, feed, and their time in order to be able to offer the eggs or birds for sale...

Precisely. This is what many don't understand, so they think there's money-grubbing going on. It's just hard to convey.

I'm watching what some folks are going through, like Heirloom Orpingtons (radirevo) and I'm in awe at the logistics and patience needed to negotiate international exchanges, airfare, agents in other countries, etc. Marc has worked very hard to make the gorgeous giants available, and his facility is AMAZING!! I know they care for the birds with great attention to detail, and every penny paid is worth it for his stock. I wish I could get two of each of his colors, but that's not going to happen unless I win the lottery! Must save a bit at a time!

I have to make the birds I want if I can't bring them in...so that's what I do!

Back
Top Bottom