Egg Song! Glorious Egg Song!

I only have one Red Sex Link out of my variety of 19 pullets who is laying - she started on Friday with the first one and her "egg song" is louder than any rooster I've heard! I heard her the other day while I was in the kitchen - over the dishwasher going! She just turned 18 week old on Monday, so I'm sure the others won't be far behind. <sigh> So much for peace and quiet! It's a glorious sound, though....

We have a Barred, Gold Link and a Buff. I thought for sure the Gold link would be first, but today we heard the Buff singing her first song. No egg, but we are now really excited. This is our first chicken experience so we can't wait!!! (Note: all three chickens are about 17 weeks)

Last edited:
A few of my girls started singing this week and I love it I have 4 layers all this week! My Red Sexlinks lay one daily! This is my first year with Chickens and I love every minute of it.

We have 12 Buffs that are 19 weeks old, they are starting to sing their egg song, but no eggs yet. Can't wait for them to start laying, then we'll have 23 layers, and in a couple weeks my RIRs are due to start. They are already bigger than my Buffs and they are 3 weeks behind them.

Its great to hear it for the first time. A few of our girls are almost 4 and still lay and sing everyday! The other try to imitate her, but she is the Alpha female.
buck, buck, buck, begaw!

I loved hearing my hens sing, but sadly only two would sing and one of them just died. So now I only have one loud hen. BUT, my rooster likes to join in and sing with her which is so funny to hear!

I
1f49b.png
my
1f413.png
's. I love hearing them sing too

Back
Top Bottom