Egg Song! Glorious Egg Song!

One of my hens (Ruby) has a really distorted egg song. It sound like a wolf howl, but higher pitched. She has always had that cry, and it is such a laugh in the morning.

We always have an egg song symphony!

When any one of our pullets is ready to lay everyone joins in, even our cockerel (that makes 12). It used to scare me because I thought something was trying to get them, they make such a ruckus. Now, I just smile and listen to song.
love.gif

When I open the back door in the morning at five am there are singing and I just think that this is the best thing my daughter and I can do together we have so much fun

:thumbsup

Yup it's true, start with 4 end up with a farm! Cried when I had to send my little roo away, but he is now on a free range farm with his own 10 ladies.... I need to own more land!!!! Here is a pic of my little buddy before I had to send him off ( not allowed Roos where I am)

I want to hear the egg song :( i cant wait i have 4 baby chicks we brought home this week and one pullet and two roos out back i cant wait till shes old enough to lay but im honestly not sure exactly how old she is... i got no info on the older three chickens out back and very little on the chicks

thumbsup.gif

Yup it's true, start with 4 end up with a farm! Cried when I had to send my little roo away, but he is now on a free range farm with his own 10 ladies.... I need to own more land!!!! Here is a pic of my little buddy before I had to send him off ( not allowed Roos where I am)

Awww. What a sweetie. I love the roosters. We are way out in the middle of nowhere, so I feel fortunate that I can have as many roos as I want. I'm so glad for you (and him) that he went to a place where he can be happy and have some girls to keep him busy!

Back
Top Bottom