Egg Song! Glorious Egg Song!

Our first egg today. It's pale green. I heard one of my Australorpes sing the egg song this morning.
I got excited looked in the coop, nothing, and then I saw her come out. Maybe she'll lay later today.

Thanks - we were excited to finally be getting some eggs!
yippiechickie.gif

gig.gif
I can just see her now yelling "egg song!" to you!!
gig.gif

So Ella laid my first egg on the ground instead of up in the nest box inside the tractor.... I know she is familiar with the tractor because she was in it when I bought it... any idea why this might be or how I could change it if she continues to do so

That's how my girls were. They laid everywhere but the nest boxes. The most random places but eventually they started laying in the nest boxes. Try putting a fake egg in the nest box or a gold ball to see if she'll respond to that.

I'm new as well and was like an excited new grandparent with their first grandchild when one of our RIR laid the first egg out of our 8 hens! She was 19 wks old and has given us an egg a day since then. Our black sexlink just joined in the egg song this past weekend and I'm expecting the rest to join in soon
celebrate.gif

I'm new as well and was like an excited new grandparent with their first grandchild when one of our RIR laid the first egg out of our 8 hens! She was 19 wks old and has given us an egg a day since then. Our black sexlink just joined in the egg song this past weekend and I'm expecting the rest to join in soon
celebrate.gif
I'm right along you. Had our first egg 1 week ago. Another hen just laid today, a double yolk. They are 26 weeks old so you beat us, 19 weeks great. Our 5 other hens have joined in the song too.

That's how my girls were. They laid everywhere but the nest boxes. The most random places but eventually they started laying in the nest boxes. Try putting a fake egg in the nest box or a gold ball to see if she'll respond to that.

<sigh> I started with fake eggs in the nest boxes. I have 4 that will use them. Um, that's 4 out of 19!

barnie.gif
All this glorious egg song posting!!!
barnie.gif
My young ladies are just now 19-20 weeks now, and I still have to w-a-i-t ... yikes! I'm sooo depressed!!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom