Egg Storage Question

3forfree

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2010
essexville, michigan
I'm new to owning pheasants, and the birds (2 hens) have been laying for about 2 weeks, and I've put 12 eggs into the bator, and need to know how long I can let the other eggs sit before they need to go into the incubator. I have collected about another dozen eggs, and at one time I was told to only keep for 7-10 days then put them into the bator. Just the other day I talked with a guy on the phone about birds, and he told me that he kept eggs for a month before putting them in the bator. I have built 2 incubators, and have the second one on heat, and ready to go. Thanks.

I am new to raising pheasants too. I have only one female laying. I do not know how long an egg be in waiting before placed in an incubator. I am trying not to let mine sit more than 7 days. I would lean to the least amount of time to ensure better hatching. My understanding is the older the egg the poorer hatch quality.

I would not store eggs longer then 10 days as the fertility will drop. I would also store them at about 50 to 60 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom