Egg storage

rojororeo

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2013
How long will eggs last when stored in a room in the house that is 70-80 on a regular basis?

Thanks!

Whoopsy! Forgot that part.
For eating.
My mom has yet to listen to me in regards to cold storing her eating eggs... I am about to the point that we are going to stop eating over at her house for fear of bad egg contamination, and I am not a germ freak in the least.

They aren't washed, but she is past the few weeks on probably half of them... I will probably have to go over there and carry them all to teh fridge myself lol

If they are not washed they will last at room temp for about four to six months.

Think of how the pioneers keep there eggs. I'm not on the right computer but I have a Mother Nature article that confirms this. If I can find that article I will post the link.

I keep mine for 3 weeks on the counter top...unwashed and dated the day they are collected. I keep some for hatching.....the rest..the oldest....go to the fridge for eating. If I collect an egg that is dirty and needs washed.....I will leave it dirty...and wash it right before cooking. They always get used first. But that doesn't happen very often.

I keep mine for 3 weeks on the counter top...unwashed and dated the day they are collected. I keep some for hatching.....the rest..the oldest....go to the fridge for eating. If I collect an egg that is dirty and needs washed.....I will leave it dirty...and wash it right before cooking. They always get used first. But that doesn't happen very often.
I personally am the same way. Nothing gets washed, just straight to the fridge, as they are all for eating. I keep about 20+ cartons labeled with sequential #s on the outside, and those get stacked to a specific pattern in the spare fridge. one egg within each carton is dated, for a general idea of how long they sit. But I only started that last part a month or so ago. So in our house we are eating eggs that are probably a couple months old, but they were fridge kept, then washed and put in the basket on the counter. Those stay there not even a week before they are eaten. Not a sick person yet this way.. but knowing my mom hasn't moved those eggs yet annoys me...
Anyhoo! :)

We neither wash nor refrigerate our eggs. We will do a float test on some if they are a month old or more.
Hmm, but what temp are you keeping them at? They are currently being stored in a bedroom which is 75-80 degrees, with higher spikes in there as well.
i could cold store mine in the barn, if it wasn't for the cats or whatnot getting to them.

Back
Top Bottom