"Egg vending machine"

tjd2006

Hatching
Nov 3, 2016
Has anyone ever designed some sort of box that opens when money is put in it in their front yard? I want a simple way to sell eggs.

Like those toy vending machines that has little prizes in the bubble or a snack machine that holds cartons? Either way don't sound simpler than 1)take money 2)give eggs.

Last edited:
If I could I would but I work so much in barely ever home :-(
Like those toy vending machines that has little prizes in the bubble or a snack machine that holds cartons? Either way don't sound simpler than 1)take money 2)give eggs.

I've watching people bolt a cash box to a board here and sell sweet corn off of it. But I have a feeling my eggs will just get stolen lol

I've looked at vending machines for a different project and they don't come cheap. What about just a locking box that customers can pick up the eggs and leave the money in? Unless you have a lot of chickens then you wont have more than a few dozen for sale at a time would you?

PS. Welcome to backyard chickens

Last edited:
I've watching people bolt a cash box to a board here and sell sweet corn off of it. But I have a feeling my eggs will just get stolen lol

I have several friends who put eggs out in a cooler with a cash box. It's on the honor system and no one has gotten burned yet Probably a lot simpler than spending a lot of money for a vending machine.
In the summer people also set up stands with produce the same way.

Fresh produce vending machines are no longer a novelty. Eggs, meat, fruits, and veggies - all these items can be bought from a vending machine at any time. This is an awesome option for farmers who can be flexible with their working hours while still earning an income. If someone still has doubts about that, here is a great article at https://connectvending.co.uk/blog/vending-machines-101-understanding-the-basics/ on this subject. It provides a detailed explanation of how vending machines work and what we need to know before getting one.

Back
Top Bottom