egglaying

They're 2-3 years old. If they haven't molted yet they're due for it soon. They're already past the prime of laying and after molt will either not lay or lay at reduced rates until daylight length increases.

Your "fix" is to either start saving up eggs in late summer/early fall, or to add younger layers to the flock every 1-2 years to keep up with productions. Eggs are a seasonal food otherwise.

Not familiar with this Orpington colour. Do you happen to have pictures?

They're 2-3 years old. If they haven't molted yet they're due for it soon. They're already past the prime of laying and after molt will either not lay or lay at reduced rates until daylight length increases.

Your "fix" is to either start saving up eggs in late summer/early fall, or to add younger layers to the flock every 1-2 years to keep up with productions. Eggs are a seasonal food otherwise.
I cant save the eggs during the summer - as i posted they reduce production of eggs at the beggining of July and i got them at 2-3 days old on may 20 2021

its ok to molt for 4 month?
Have you seen a bird actually molting for 4 months straight? Or do you mean some molted 4 months ago, and then grew feathers back but did not resume laying. Yes the latter can be normal, especially as birds get older.
I cant save the eggs during the summer - as i posted they reduce production of eggs at the beggining of July and i got them at 2-3 days old on may 20 2021
Sounds like either way you need more birds, or new birds. They're already past the prime of laying, nothing you can do about that. You will need to add more young layers, or replace the old ones with new young layers. And this is something you will need to do every 1-2 years if you require a certain amount of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom