Eggs & Bumblefoot

It shouldn't be an issue. Unless it progressed to a systemic infection (which you'd know about because the bird would be dead/dying), bacteria from the foot can't easily make their way into the eggs.

It shouldn't be an issue. Unless it progressed to a systemic infection (which you'd know about because the bird would be dead/dying), bacteria from the foot can't easily make their way into the eggs.
Okay thank you. I do have one that I think needs to be put down. She is having a very hard time walking and her foot looks very red, not putting weight on it etc.
Makes me nervous because I don’t know what egg is hers!

Sorry about your bird. I know bumblefoot surgery can be done on quail, but it's expensive/hard to find a vet and stressful for the animal. Here's hoping she improves, and you should be fine eating her eggs in the meantime.

Sorry about your bird. I know bumblefoot surgery can be done on quail, but it's expensive/hard to find a vet and stressful for the animal. Here's hoping she improves, and you should be fine eating her eggs in the meantime.
Thank you. My wife has successfully treated our chickens, and attempted a few times on the quail with mixed results... they are so much smaller. This one is the worst I’ve seen. Thanks for letting me know she can lay edible eggs though! :)

Back
Top Bottom