Eggs what do you do with surplus??????????????

My DH works @ the local Housing Authority, the tenets love our farm extras... veggies too. We share with family, friends and elderly. We also live in a University town, there are MANY starving students. My DS did a Job shadow @ the food bank, he told me the would take eggs.
I do love the freezing thing'

Quote:
my DH is now home for his winter layoff, he looked in the fridge and then he closed back up and asked how my egg sales have been going. I had 15 dozen eggs in the fridge. I told him about what was going on and he kind of got upset so he set those so called friends right. he works as a door man at the local bar owned by his friend during layoff for extra cash, so yesterday he went there got everyone outside while I was still there and said "alright you *BLEEPS* I know you all eat eggs and my wife has 21 chickens that are laying, and currently we got 15 dozen, how many do you want?"

I was a little embarrassed but he is good friends with all of them and within five minutes he had a list for me. 13 dozen gone by morning. but when he came home he had a list of bar patrons who also wanted eggs...lol....he then gives it to me and says there, your little egg business is now back in order, you know I always hook you up baby!! then he grinned and asked what there was to snack on. LOL...

Gosh I love my DH!!

so today I read the cake option and freezing them and he jokingly tried to throw out the list ahahahahaha. His favorite thing in the world is cake, not sure how he can eat so much of it and gain nothing...LOL....

well here in arizona theres a feller on the cragslist that will come and buy any eggs you got for $2 a doz and i see people all the time lookin for pullets you could invest/make a bator and throw a doz or 2 in there hatch em and throw an ad on cragslist / backpage < the second one has alot less flaggypants type people that think selling a chicken is totally wrong.. but im sure if ya have good well mannered good laying breeds you can sell st run for 2- 2.50 each the down side is is john & becky buy 10 of your little chikys and they all die because of something they did they might bang your door down over that 20 bucks or you might lose a weekly egg buyer
but the upside is that you could sell both eatin eggs/hatchin eggs/ baby chicks for a good bit of "egg money" i call it perfect for building a big fancy chicken coop or... some womanly things >.> what you womans buy and such handbags and earings or a motorcycle ... women like motorcycles right XD

but get new friends... or tell em your chickens are molting and not laying >.> and give sme to a food bank and freeze some up or make some refrigerator Velcro ( breakfast burritos )

Last edited:
Well, in the old days we had lots of angel food cake, and egg noodles. You use lots of whites for angel food cake, and lots of yolks for egg noodles.

Please remember people that there are so many of us who are willing to pay up to $4/doz. for farm fresh eggs. The last time I bought back yard eggs, I drove almost 40 minutes to Sedro Woolley WA and had my pickup attacked and scratched up by a huge great dane, just to get 2 dozen eggs. Craigslist is a great source of advertising. Right now I have orders to 3 different sources, but have been told their hens have quit laying. So am having to buy the store brand, but am paying extra to get the cage free with access to outdoors, but there's no comparison.

Back
Top Bottom