Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Pics
I was on Murray Mc Murray's site yesterday and went into sticker shock. :thThe price of the pullet chicks has really went up from two years ago. I can't remember what I paid for mine but I think it was somewhere around 4$ and some change per pullet chick but don't quote me on that. I know it wasn't 6+ dollars per bird tho.

My plan is to see to it that my Fayoumi rooster Tut is the only boy who has the size and access to breed the girls and then hatch some eggs from them.
MyPetChicken ( Also Hoover since MPC source their bird their) and Cackle sells them for reasonable price at around $4 mark. Perhaps go with their stock. :)

I've already checked out Cackle. They are only offering straight run. My luck means if I order a dozen straight run chicks, 11 will be cockerels....if I am lucky.:hmm

I'll check out MyPetChicken. I don't think I've looked there. Still, if they are only doing straight runs, I'd prefer to hatch chicks from my own birds.

I've already checked out Cackle. They are only offering straight run. My luck means if I order a dozen straight run chicks, 11 will be cockerels....if I am lucky.:hmm

I'll check out MyPetChicken. I don't think I've looked there. Still, if they are only doing straight runs, I'd prefer to hatch chicks from my own birds.
MyPetChicken and Hoover offer sexed option instead of straight run. :)

Okay, I found them on MPC but no matter how I word the search on Hoover I get that they can't find them. Also looked on hot weather tolerant birds and they didn't pop up.

MPC is cheaper that MCM by a dollar. Didn't look at their shipping and handling.

Okay, I found them on MPC but no matter how I word the search on Hoover I get that they can't find them. Also looked on hot weather tolerant birds and they didn't pop up.

MPC is cheaper that MCM by a dollar. Didn't look at their shipping and handling.
Their shipping is quite expensive for small orders. I one point made an order of 12 chicks for shipping of 55 dollars for express.

55$ to have the Post office abuse my chicks? GASP! Our local post office is great. It's between the hatchery and our post office that I have my doubts about. Especially if they make you pay 55$ for their services.

I got an Egyptian Fayoumis in my white egg layer assortment from MPC today!

Boy was I surprised to see this tiny little nugget in there! All are supposed to be sexed pullets so fingers crossed (sounds like I'll be able to tell very early if she is a he.) I DID wonder if someone had placed a random Bantam in my box because she is the littlest thing, about the sme size as my D 'Uccle were as dy old chicks!.

My Pet Chicken sells these and they keep their flocks with Meyer Hatcheries facilities NOT Hoover. Hoover is the most common supplier for TSC and a completely seperate company with no ties to either MPC or Meyer.

The MPC birds are in the same facilities as Meyer, but they're owned by MpC and are sorted and sexed by MPC employees. (That's why you can get Bantams sexed through MPC but not Meyer, same shipping location but 2 different companies/hatcheries) It's like boarding horses at a breeding facility if that makes sense, lol.

Attachments

• 20210310_120912.jpg
    20210310_120912.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 8
If you can order more then 16 chicks the shipping price drops considerably from 55 to sometimes 12 or 15$. The chicks are sent Priority which is a "slower" system but honestly I have ONLY been using this system because the 55 dollar overnight wasnt arriving on time and they did SOO much better when there were 20 in my box! Everyone arrived safe on priority. On overnight with 6 birds Id lose 2. 😔

Back
Top Bottom