Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Pics
How does this local breeder sex Fayoumi chicks? I am interested. As far as I know, the down color is the same in both sexes and comb is too small to be of any use.

I doubt any chicken can help you if you have coyotes coming into your land. Guinea hens are great at announcing anything out of the ordinary. Geese also.

He is a large-scale breeder, so I'm guessing he knows how to vent sex. He does not claim to offer show quality birds, more like a really nice hatchery that serves local chicken folks and doesn't ship anything. He has a lot of breeds, some fancier than others. He sells $3 sexlinks, $4 EEs, so that's a nice resource for local backyard fanciers.

Last edited:
He is a large-scale breeder, so I'm guessing he knows how to vent sex. He does not claim to offer show quality birds, more like a really nice hatchery that serves local chicken folks and doesn't ship anything. He has a lot of breeds, some fancier than others. He sells $3 sexlinks, $4 EEs, so that's a nice resource for local backyard fanciers.
go for it. If he's wrong maybe he'll give you a new chick or two. Can't be more then a few bucks themselves.

He hasn't listed any prices yet for Fayoumis chicks, but his Facebook page says he's hatching them on 4/8. His sexed chicks cost anywhere from $3 to $17 each, so I'm hoping Fayoumis are at the low end!

You may have to wait a bit.  Fayoumis are pretty seasonal egg layers.  Mine quit over a month ago.  Most of mine lay an egg that barely tips small on my egg scale.
I didn't see if anyone ever posted a pic for this... but I do have one old picture of a bunch eggs from the breeds I used to have. You can see the Fayoumis egg on the chart too. (This is a very old pic - I don't have most of these breeds now.)

Back
Top Bottom