Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Pics
I checked everywhere so i thought i would ask on here. Does anyone have a fayoumis rooster they'd be willing to part with? I live in south eastern pa but im willing to pay shipping. My boy died of old age recently and i need a rooster to fill the void.

I hatched one EF chick (along with 17 other various breed chicks) I know nothing about this breed so can you sex these chicks at hatch? Are they a bantam or standard size? Are they good to keep as a backyard chicken? TIA

My new little chicks about 2 1/2wks old. How can you sex this breed? What do you guys think?

Good to know. We are new to the BY chicken scene and have a BF named Rhonda. She seems to have taken on the roll of roster for our little 4 hen flock. She is very noisy and keeps the other 3 in line. Our 2 Australorps have started laying - they are all 5 months old- but Rhonda and our New Hamp Red haven't yet. Are the EF just spring/summer layers then?

This is my first time that i have egyptian, i have two they are beautiful but they are very mean with the other chicks, i really dont if in general they are mean or its just these two.

I've had these birds since April now and I must say that they were a real handful growing up. They love to roost in high places and those two would roost in a tree at night instead of the coop! They are also quite loud, there always the first to wake up and the last to go to bed. Good luck!

I have one and she's sweet but flighty. And man can she swallow HUGE pieces of food. None of my other chickens can eat the same bites she can! I guess she's just a pig!

I don't mean to be overly pedantic, but the breed is the fayoumi, not fayoumis. If you have one, you have a fayoumi. If you have many, you have fayoumis. I saw people repeatedly call them fayoumis in the singular, so I thought someone should point it out.

Sorry if this offends anyone. That wasn't my intention. Just some light education. :)

Back
Top Bottom