Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Pics
Thanks, that is what I thought. I have a Fayoumi rooster now, but still looking for a hen. They are raising them in Vietnam and sending the eggs to Laos as local chicken eggs. They sell them at a premium. 10 for 25,000 Kip. You can buy a flat of commercial eggs (30) for 25,000Kip.

As far as the Hmong people raising their traditional chicken breeds, they show rather grotesque looking Cornish types. I looked up the link you gave us and it is great. Just what I have been looking for. The Fayoumis are Fayoumis. Not Vietnamese.

Thanks, that is what I thought. I have a Fayoumi rooster now, but still looking for a hen. They are raising them in Vietnam and sending the eggs to Laos as local chicken eggs. They sell them at a premium. 10 for 25,000 Kip. You can buy a flat of commercial eggs (30) for 25,000Kip.

They sell fayoumi's on My Pet Chicken!!! And this year it seems they dont have a shortage of males or females. You should go ahead and check em out :)
Unless you have already found some. They only cost $3.60 a bird. Extremely gorgeous chickens!
big_smile.png

I am staying in Laos right now and want to have Fayoumis here when I return in October. I have found them (on the Internet) in Vietnam and I have a contact or two that may help me get some chicks, eggs, or adults. I cannot move them from US to SE Asia. Thanks for that news anyway. I appreciate your help.

To see Fayoumis in Vietnam: "Ga H Mong" is the search title on Google. Was sent to me on BYC by someone whose name I cannot remember, but will check and tell you. It is a great site to view.

For those of you who like EFs, check out this link sent to me by Bluenkimchi. Fayoumis being kept in intensive conditions for egg production in Vietnam - no roosters. Eggs shipped to Laos (packed in shavings and sawdust) and sold at a premium over locally-produced commercial eggs. The Lao think they are from their own local free-range chickens, but they are not. They are just as factory as the local commercial eggs. It is the size of the eggs and the color that has them fooled.

Hi. I have some 5 week old chicks, that should be pullets and I think they may be Egyptian fayoumis, but wanted to get your opinions. Here are a couple photos I took.

Thanks Kim

Back
Top Bottom