Eight hens/mixed breeds/almost ready to lay

jaxsteph

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015
Just as my hens are about ready to lay we have had a series of disasters that are forcing me to give them up. I live in Avondale, Pennsylvania--on the border of Hockessin, Delaware right next to Kennett Square. Any bedding and food will go along with them, although a donation wouldn't be refused. All of our chickens get along wonderfully with each other, have had no health problems, no mites, lice, parasites, etc. They are friendly and well socialized. Breeds: 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 white Silkies, 2 Ameraucaunas, 1 Leghorn, and 1 D'Uccle Mille Fleur. The first ones should be ready to start laying in about two weeks.

I don't want these chickens to end up as someone's dinner. Please don't take them if you are going to eat them. We have become very attached, and this is a terribly difficult decision to make. It would help us to know that they will live out their lives with people who will love, appreciate, and enjoy them.

I raised 25 hens, and had them for 2.5 years.
Hi,
Same as you i gave away my hens two years ago, i miss my chicken now. I'm thinking of get them back.
It would be nice if you give me chance to take care of yours. i am living in Staten Island. I can come over to pick them up. Just let me know if they are still available for new home. I had big mansion for them, will take good care of them. Please email me [email protected]. thanks

Wow; your girls are beautiful! Your coop looks absolutely lovely too--lots of room for them. I have a number of people who have been interested in them, and the majority of them are closer to us. We are considering everyone who has asked as we want to decide on the best home for them. Staten Island seems like quite a ways to travel to get them--are you sure you want to come so far?

I will add your name to our list as we're working through everyone and let you know as soon as we've made a decision.

Thanks for considering our ladies!

-Jacqueline

Hi Joy,

We chose a family this morning who lives close to us. Thank you for thinking of our girls, and good luck on finding a new flock--whoever ends up joining your family will certainly be blessed!

-Jacqueline

Back
Top Bottom