Elector PSP

Thorntonj108

Chirping
Apr 6, 2022
I’m sure this has been asked a million times. However… I have been battling Red Roost Mites and lice for a while now. I seem to get it under control and then they are back.

I finally ordered some Elector PSP for a final attempt.

Just curious, how long will it take to get the mites out of the coop so I can put my girls back? I have them in the barn right now because the coops are just horrible. This has been a nightmare.

On a side note I won’t EVER bring in other chickens to my flock because no matter the quarantine, I still ended up with these awful bloodsuckers that just won’t die. 😭

I’m guessing scoop out the coop really well and then spray all the crevices. Will I need to coat the shingles on the outside as well and the legs of the coops?

Somebody, anybody, please help 😩

I’m sure this has been asked a million times. However… I have been battling Red Roost Mites and lice for a while now. I seem to get it under control and then they are back.

Just curious, how long will it take to get the mites out of the coop so I can put my girls back? I have them in the barn right now because the coops are just horrible. This has been a nightmare.

On a side note I won’t EVER bring in other chickens to my flock because no matter the quarantine, I still ended up with these awful bloodsuckers that just won’t die. 😭

I’m guessing scoop out the coop really well and then spray all the crevices. Will I need to coat the shingles on the outside as well and the legs of the coops?

This is seriously such a pain in the butt. I'm sorry you're going through it. Empty out the coop entirely and burn the bedding if possible. I'd wear a face mask and use a leaf blower to empty out crevices. Spray every inch of it, I use a garden pump sprayer. Saturate every surface top to bottom I would also do the outside of your coop in the ground surrounding it. I also used it to treat my chickens while they were on the roost behind the neck under the wings and the butt. Good luck!

How’d it go?? I pray it went well for you. I’m facing red mite infestation too and I am mortified. I did a bunch of research and also got elector psp… I did one coat of the whole coop but they’re still crawling around!! *shudders* I am going to treat again but im not sure if I should wait 3 days? 10 days or 14 days?

Back
Top Bottom