Electric Rat / Mouse traps- LOVE IT !

tigger19687

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Metrowest- Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
I was not going to make a new thread on this but I have to. Sorry it's long :old

Back story.
Last March I was offered to try an Electric Rat Mouse trap and give a review on it for a Steep Discount. So I did ONLY because I had found a dead mouse in the basement that previous Winter. :sick I have not had any issues with mice in the house in the 6 years I have been here. But there are new tenants on the other side of my duplex and they leave the basement door open. So I figure it couldn't hurt right?
It has been plugged in since then and I have not caught anything.

Forward to yesterday.
:he I had an issue with a Chipmunk (mentioned in my thread about what time to feed) getting into the feed bin that is off the ground. I know this chipmunk because he had been eating the bird feed I put out last year and I also fed one squirrel that came to the window. I had not seen squirrel for months this year. But have seen chipmunk occasionally and figured he was the one that emptied the PVC tube feeder. :mad: Then I switched to FF and feed 2 times a day. :wee

There is a hole in the ground in the run that the chipmunk used once and a while but mostly he came from under the fence.
I plugged up the hole and thought he might just leave but there are 2 other holes around the Koi Pond.
THEN I saw the damn thing in my strawberry plants on my deck yesterday, remembered about the trap and set it out with PB and bird seed. WHAM, in 10 min I had him, unplug and dump into the trash. Great ! :yesss:
Left it on over night just in case, nothing.

This morning I decided to put it next to the Koi Pond to see if there were other Chipmunks coming from the holes. :pop
After 2 hours I went outside to look at Chooks. Hear the Beep, pull up the trap and there is nothing in it. :confused: Hmmm, go to put it back and see a MOLE that was Under it. The bottom has some openings where the metal touches that I didn't see before.
I didn't know I had moles

WOW, it works 2 ways !!! I would Gladly pay full price for one of these !!!
BTW it also works with Batteries but I think you get a better shock if it is plugged in.

Last edited:
I have a Rat Zapper and a Victor electric mouse trap. LOVE them. No more getting up and finding I have a varmint to dispatch... or worse, that something has dragged my trap away somewhere... and I generally find it days or weeks later, by the smell. :rolleyes:

Honestly I think they are all the same. If you look on Amazon they all look the same. Mostly made in China. (the electric ones)

I would say that the best value would be the electric ones compared to the regular SNAP ones. The snap ones don't always get the mouse, but THIS one does. If that is what you meant.

Back
Top Bottom