Electrician question for electric fence

Sellsouthfl

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2023
Does anyone know if I can use two different brands of equipment for fencing? I have one brand of solar powered energizer with another brand poultry netting? I’m not handy so dont understand all the components or operations needed to make this work. I have the solar energizer already but am also considering hiring an electrician to run the wire from barn to coop to plug in other things like lights and a fan…

Mixing and matching brands does not matter. You just need to have all the components. That generally includes the fence be it wire on insulators or netting on poles, an energizer, an energy source, connecting cables and ground rods.
If you are going to be running power out to the coop I would return the solar charger and buy an AC model that will deliver at least 1 Joule output.

Does anyone know if I can use two different brands of equipment for fencing? I have one brand of solar powered energizer with another brand poultry netting? I’m not handy so dont understand all the components or operations needed to make this work. I have the solar energizer already but am also considering hiring an electrician to run the wire from barn to coop to plug in other things like lights and a fan…
Yes you can mix brands. I have electricity in my coop but use a solar panel for the fence energizer.

Absolutely, you can mix and match equipment for your fencing project. It's great that you already have a solar energizer in mind, and you can certainly use it with poultry netting from a different brand.

Back
Top Bottom