Electricity cost questions about incubators----110 vrs 220

No, actually the big difference between US power and Euope is we use 60 cycle AC they use 50 Cycle AC. Please lets not get into cycles and sine waves.
Yes actually a 1000 watt dryer and a 1000 watt light bulb run for the same time would use the same amount of kilowatt/hours (what the power company measures) weather they were on 110 or 220. Now a 100 watt lamp would spin the meter less than a 1000 watt dryer. Different amount of watts... get it? It can be a hard concept to follow, but as I said in another post "thats why electricians cost so much...they know these things.
smile.png

This is how it is ......208/220.........230/240 . In a panel that is standard in a house the feed to the house is 240 v . 120 is one leg , 120 is the other . added together you get 230/240 . The voltage has nothing to do with the cost (to a certain extent....too much to explain) the amps do . 277v used in commercial is cheaper than 120 . Without me writing out a complete book on how this all works , just remember the higher the amps .......the more money it costs .

And where on earth did this whole comparison of a dryer vs a lamp come from ?!!
he.gif

Hey Repo, your right about the 50 hz thing but European voltage is also 220.

But, since we are talking about "resistive"loads like a bator, dryer, light bulb,
the frequency doesn't matter.

Unionwire, since 277 is three phase we are getting into a whole new realm of
efficiencies & power factor.

Quote:
Yup !! That's why I'm keepin my mouth shut ! Too much to get into to try to explain to someone how to calculate all the formulas and what frequency , va , var , and such is .
wink.png

Quote:
Yup !! That's why I'm keepin my mouth shut ! Too much to get into to try to explain to someone how to calculate all the formulas and what frequency , va , var , and such is .
wink.png

Your strong. I have a hard time with the "keepin my mouth shut" part.
roll.png

Yup purple chicken. It takes a strong person to keep their mouth shut. Stronger than you and I
lau.gif
. I didn't know about voltage in Europe so I appreciate the info, but I do know its a different cycle. Not sure what a resistive load is. Aren't all loads resistive by definition.

Union Wire Women "just remember the higher the amps .......the more money it costs ."
Your a goddess. Please explain Kirchoff's law, I love it when you talk electricity. Hey J/K
Seen your calander very nice, My sister is a Carpenter BA in Wyoming, she's also on the exec com of a group called Sister's of the Brotherhood. Thought maybe they would like the idea.

Wildsky, Ok your in the corner with purple chicken and I. We just can't keep our mouth shut.
cool.png

Quote:
I too like to keep my mouth shut but after rereading this thread, when I have my 100 watt light bulb illuminateing the laundry room, where I had to put my 220 bator, I look in the corner and want to know what are the three of you doing in the corner of my laundry room?????
barnie.gif

Quote:
I too like to keep my mouth shut but after rereading this thread, when I have my 100 watt light bulb illuminateing the laundry room, where I had to put my 220 bator, I look in the corner and want to know what are the three of you doing in the corner of my laundry room?????
barnie.gif

Waiting for you to bring the soap !!!(if you don't get it ...look @ your avatar )
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom