Elite Mystery box from Breezy Bird Farm

Ugh! Bad news :(.... the power went out one night a day or 2 before lock down, and well... I lost all but 4 of my BO’s 😭. Silly me, I have a broody hen I could have put them under too. I opened them up and took a look at them and they were all very well developed. Man this sucks, I was hoping that wasn’t going to happen 😩

Hi guys! 👋 just a little update. I hatched my 4 buff orps and they are very healthy!

I was reading into deep litter method but found that I wanted to use sand as the litter method. We have a rammed earth construction company and it just so happened we have a large truck load of the right type of sand to use! So I cleaned out my coop and replaced with sand. Which is awesome! I love it already. Way healthier and less stinky. I just cleaned out my chicks brooder and replaced with sand, they love it! So inquisitive of the sand and small pieces of rocks. I have added a little roosting bar for them as well. Take a look at my photo!

Since the elite eggs didn’t make it in the hatch because of the power outage, I decided to purchase a couple adult chickens. I bought a rooster and a hen that are silver pencil Plymouth rocks. So I will be breeding the rooster with my buff Orpington hens to have some cross breed chicks! I’m excited, and delighted to share my future endeavours 😊 I have added a photo of them to share with you as well.

Attachments

• 0EC840F0-98FB-4435-BD3C-D6E7FF73174F.jpeg
    0EC840F0-98FB-4435-BD3C-D6E7FF73174F.jpeg
    736.1 KB · Views: 5
  • F906BE4F-0AC6-468A-B618-4F246AD110DE.jpeg
    F906BE4F-0AC6-468A-B618-4F246AD110DE.jpeg
    715.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom