Embarassing rooster question...

gig.gif

Quote:
OK, so I never really 'looked" how does the stuff get from tab A to slot B?

It's called the "cloacael kiss". His part (will call it part A) touches her part (part B). There's no penetration involved.

http://www.users.on.net/~greggles/reproduce.html

(I disagee with the part of that article that says it takes 15 seconds. More like 5.)

Considering the mechanics involved, it's incredible that chickens are able to reproduce. The rooster doesn't have any body parts to insert into the hen. Instead, he has to bend his body as he stands on the back of the hen so that his back opening -- his cloaca, the same opening where his poop comes out -- touches the hen's cloaca. It's actually called a cloacal kiss, and that brief touch is all that's necessary for the rooster to pass his seed into the hen. The hen is able to store the rooster's sperm to fertilize the eggs that will be laid over the next week or so. She also can store sperm from more than one rooster at a time.

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I believe the sperm are stored in the infundibulum, since that's where fertilization takes place.

Quote:
Hey now! No laughing! Do you know how hard it is to discuss chicken sex on a family friendly forum. Were it not for the family friendly part I coulda explained it in two words.
lol.png

It took a lot of nerve for me to post this question in the first place and I am SO glad I did. I love reading the replies, and am so glad no one made me feel stupid for asking - teased me, yes, but that was in fun, not to be mean.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom