Emergency! Baby chicks dying...possible botulism?

Update!! Bindi is standing and walking!!! Her strength is returning and the paralysis is leaving!!! All chicks are growing and are very active!!

Chicks are just over a month old now (Bindi still has a slight unbalance to her walk, is smaller and maybe is a tiny slower than the rest but otherwise is doing fantastic!) and all the chickies are just loving their new home with plenty of room!!

Still have to build some nesting boxes, roosting perches w pdz filled poop collecting trays underneath, but the coop and the run are secure!!

Chicks are just over a month old now (Bindi still has a slight unbalance to her walk, is smaller and maybe is a tiny slower than the rest but otherwise is doing fantastic!) and all the chickies are just loving their new home with plenty of room!!

Still have to build some nesting boxes, roosting perches w pdz filled poop collecting trays underneath, but the coop and the run are secure!!
Wow, huge coop, cool!!!

LibertyChick

Wow! Now I am wondering if this is what I am dealing with. We did the same thing with feeding them earthworms and then my 6 week old SLW suddenly became too weak in the legs to stand but at the same time my Buff Orpington got sick with entirely different symptoms and I was looking for something in common but with diverse symptoms. 'Milo' the SLW is still unable to stand after having treated her with antibiotics and worming. At first she would eat on her own but for most of the past 14 days, I have had to feed her and have been including multi vitamins, acv and probiotics. She is eating on her own again and is much improved from where she could not even sit on her own. She tries very hard to make her legs work but they just are not cooperating. I have been wondering if I will need to put her down but maybe there is a chance she will recover as yours did.

Back
Top Bottom