Emergency! Goose down! Goose down!

LaBaze

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
Covington, LA
We had 4 geese a mating pair and their two children... We lost one of the mating pair, the female, and the male died a while later.
hit.gif

Now we had the two sisters and the youngest was taken by a coyote a couple days ago, the older sister, Nola is depressed and in the depths of despair and I know with geese when their mate or their best friend/ little sister dies they give up and don't eat or anything and just sit there doing nothing. She looks horrible, she hasn't kept her feathers the preetty white they should be and she just sits there all day, we just got another goose to try to get her a new friend but it hasn't worked so far. When she does eat she will only eat a little bit, she is drinking water and occasionally just sits in the kiddie pool.
She is starting to get weak and wobbly, she will peep at me a little but she normally likes to nip me and loves my mom, I can just lay down next to her and she doesn't bite me anymore.
My mom and I are terrified that we might lose our last goose and we just couldn't handle that after loosing her sister which I raised and Benny her dad who was our buddy.
hit.gif

If anyone has any ideas on how to get her to stop grieving please please help!
hit.gif

Pictures of her grieving:
79891_012.jpg

79891_010.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss, and your goose's.
hugs.gif
I hope she'll be better soon. Birds don't have a very expressive face, but you can see so much sorrow and depression on hers, it makes me feel sad myself.
hit.gif

Starting to think something is wrong with her. She will eat the green beans I feed her. She will not straighten out her neck though. What kinds of illnesses will cause them to hold their heads like this?

Hi.. sorry I can't help...however, if I were you, since you've now posted that you think there might be a medical issue - I'd start a new thread specifically for that to get people's attention! I wish you and your baby the best...

Back
Top Bottom