EMERGENCY!!! GOSLING’s FOOT BADLY BURNED!!! HELP!!!!!!

Myhensloveme

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
So a couple days ago my goose, who is about 10 weeks old, walked through a bunch of burning coals and has really bad burns on both of her feet.😖 They are bubbly and covered in blisters. It seems that one of the blisters popped on it’s own, but the rest are all pretty large. We are putting a salve on her feet. The salve is made of herbs and beeswax. I don’t have anything covering her feet, but she is out on grass at the moment. It doesn’t seem to be getting better, and she is still walking slowly and has a slight limp. The rest of my geese are fine, but they leave her behind sometimes. I am in desperate need for some advice on what else to do!:hit

Attachments

• 61E7305D-C2B0-4DAC-8FE6-83BCD08D4B8A.jpeg
    61E7305D-C2B0-4DAC-8FE6-83BCD08D4B8A.jpeg
    857.2 KB · Views: 29
  • F0BB9F30-37FC-4834-81AA-7E6DE96CF81B.jpeg
    F0BB9F30-37FC-4834-81AA-7E6DE96CF81B.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 5
Are you seeing any signs of infection? She made need a dose of antibiotics. Also, I know they say not to use any oils on burns for humans, so a topical OTC burn cream be better. I think cvs or Walgreens have some that also have an analgesic for pain relief.

It does not seem like it it too bad. You say she is walking and eating normally so there is very little else to be done. I know some people that cut the webbing to identify their animals when they are babies, so the foot being burnt is not a really bad thing. It will heal and even if the entire burnt area were to fall off, she would still be fine.

Thank you! We just bought some herbal burn cream that is animal safe. She seems to be doing better after we cleaned it. There isn’t any signs of infection.

Back
Top Bottom