EMERGENCY Mutilated Cockerel, please help [graphic images]

Yes to all three! He's not eating as much as I'd like for him to, but he's no longer laying down to sleep and is taking his pedialyte and vitamins well, so I think that will come soon. He has eaten some, though. I'm going to try to offer him some hardboiled egg yolk this evening to try to encourage his appetite.

I had a roo that the hens about scalped and he made it. I used neosporin on the wound and my daughter hand fed him. It did not take him very long to rebound. Chickens are really tough in my experience.

I had a scalped chicken recently. I did sew the hanging flap back on as a biological bandage. Some has fallen off and there's a funny little tag of skin. Never missed a day laying an egg so she wasn't suffering too much. She's fine now. We call her Sinead.

He is doing better than I could have hoped, really. I think, barring anything internal that we can't see, he is most likely out of the woods. Eating and drinking well on his own, water and pedialyte (although his coordination is a tiny bit off so I don't think a minor brain injury can be ruled out, even though I'm not thinking so) but other than that he is doing incredibly. He even preened a bit earlier :)

I believe we're going to swap from blu-kote to equiderma because it's proven to be an absolute miracle worker for fast healing (my wound care of choice for everything and as far as I know safe for chickens) and continue vitamins 1-2 x a day and pedialyte throughout.

He is doing better than I could have hoped, really. I think, barring anything internal that we can't see, he is most likely out of the woods. Eating and drinking well on his own, water and pedialyte (although his coordination is a tiny bit off so I don't think a minor brain injury can be ruled out, even though I'm not thinking so) but other than that he is doing incredibly. He even preened a bit earlier :)

I believe we're going to swap from blu-kote to equiderma because it's proven to be an absolute miracle worker for fast healing (my wound care of choice for everything and as far as I know safe for chickens) and continue vitamins 1-2 x a day and pedialyte throughout.

Great he is doing good!! Let us know how this "equiderma' works(never heard of it). I have been using the blu-kote for over 1/2 a century and have great results with wounds healing---even though my main goal using it is to keep the blow-flies off the wound.

Cadbury says hello! He is drinking and eating - drinking especially well, although he's not eating as much as I'd like he's making progress, preening, and even baby-peeping to me whenever I come into the room :) He's been especially alert yesterday and today so we are definitely improving although the wounds themselves have a long way to go

A20D8EDC-44D5-4660-BEE4-0D35B562C35B.jpeg
B640746C-424F-4058-BB82-48102CA65739.jpeg
Thought I’d update everyone on little MR Roo...he ended up recovering really well, although he’s a little bit off neurologically, he’s an absolutely wonderful little rooster and doing great!

Attachments

• 8278C0CF-82DB-4EBC-BA74-BEDEE76D0AB1.jpeg
    8278C0CF-82DB-4EBC-BA74-BEDEE76D0AB1.jpeg
    436 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom