emergency please help and look at my pics

Look.at. eggs see. If any are piping ,sometimes you have a lot of hens they lay.. After the one starts sitting. So late hatch. Chicks but soon she leave nest so baby can eat and,the. Others,will die

Just don't want the little one to die waiting on its sisters to hatch.
I think Randy you could make a brooder box, heat lamp, food, water if the others aren't hatching - dip her beak gently into the water - watch that she figures out how to drink/eat- -- but I think they are ok to go without food and water until day 3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My chick is peaking out and I went out and lifted momma off the baby to see if any others had hatched and it was jumping around quite a bit. but still the only one. I threw in a little food for momma and some chick crumble for the baby but didn't want to give it water since I didn't know how to get it to drink and momma was upset that I was trying to look at it.

It is now going on 18 hours and so I have decided to just let it go till the morning hopefully it will be OK I will check it before church and see if anymore have hatched then I am going to pull her eggs and put them in the incubator. I have a large cage I am thinking of putting momma and the baby in so that they can be safe and she can keep her chick warm but also so that the other chickens wont hurt the baby.

Last edited:
I have my own emergency

I have a hen setting on 20 eggs and one of them hatched early this morning. cute little thing but it has been all day and no other egg has hatched and I am getting worried momma will ignore the little chick for the eggs she is still siting on. I heard 16 hours but I have no idea exactly when it hatched what should I do? I have and incubator so I can pull them out and pop them in the incubator I have already have the incubator running started it this morning in case I needed to load it up to hatch the rest of them but I need to know if this is the right thing to do. I have only had chickens for 9 months and have no experience with hatching eggs. I got the hens from my married daughter who raised them form babies she ordered on the net. Help me please!

Randy
Leave them there she will sit on them until she feels all are hatched that will.. You can then test those eggs and add to an incubator for a day or two.. She will take care of the little one..

Back
Top Bottom