EMERGENCY SEVERE BRAIN INJURY

Well it's 8am in the UK and the first thing I wanted to do this morning is check on your patient:)
I hope she's settled and continuing to eat and drink.
Does she have a name ?

Best wishes to you both x

Hello! Thanks for checking up oh her. She is looking much more lively. I am contemplating whether or not I will remove her bandage now. No name yet. :)

I would like to send out a big thanks to every one who replied and gave me the help and advice I needed. Thanks for everybody who was thinking of us last night and gave me their best wishes too. I was panicking and would like to apologize for my mistake with the brain or skull injury. I would also like to give an update. After waking up this morning I was a little sad and nervous that I may find her passed away but if that was the case it obviously would have been what is right. Although what i did find was a true miracle. She was up and eating and drinking and after removing her bandage a few minutes ago her wound had already scabbed over nicely. 

And has for how she got her head wound I think I solved that to. This morning i went out to open up the coops and I found the stray cat Tux trying to play with the chickens. Tux is a friendly cat who wasn't trying to kill the chickens she was just trying to paw at them through the fence and that is how I believe she got her head cut. Tux probably swiped her in just the right spot.
Well once again thank you everybody. Very happy that there is BYC and all its members. :)

Last edited:
You can try giving her baby aspirin for her pain...if you have any at home..
Aspirin is good as long as there is no bleeding issues from the trauma (especially internal), other wise not a good choice they will bleed to death

Who knew they would start healing that quick from such an injury, That is great to hear! Just make sure and watch for infection as it heals.

Last edited:
Really pleased to hear she's healing so well. What a little trooper !
It's very clear that you love and cherish your chickens and I'm sure she is very lucky to have you.
Keep up the great work :)

I wouldn't suggest putting her back with her flock for sometime yet, although if it's possible she could have some outdoor time along side their run so they don't forget her. Perhaps when naughty Tux is not about !

This forum is amazing isn't it ? I have had my own moments of anguish with my flocks and the members here are always ready to help, support and calm.

Love to you both x

Last edited:
I would like to send out a big thanks to every one who replied and gave me the help and advice I needed. Thanks for everybody who was thinking of us last night and gave me their best wishes too. I was panicking and would like to apologize for my mistake with the brain or skull injury. I would also like to give an update. After waking up this morning I was a little sad and nervous that I may find her passed away but if that was the case it obviously would have been what is right. Although what i did find was a true miracle. She was up and eating and drinking and after removing her bandage a few minutes ago her wound had already scabbed over nicely. 

And has for how she got her head wound I think I solved that to. This morning i went out to open up the coops and I found the stray cat Tux trying to play with the chickens. Tux is a friendly cat who wasn't trying to kill the chickens she was just trying to paw at them through the fence and that is how I believe she got her head cut. Tux probably swiped her in just the right spot.
Well once again thank you everybody. Very happy that there is BYC and all its members. :)
Fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom