EMERGENCY!!!!!!

flossyfelix

Songster
Nov 10, 2016
Lumberton, North Carolina
@Miss Lydia @Amiga

Sassafras is acting lethargic! Out of nowhere. She has been outside this morning w/the pekins, she's went swimming, she's eaten, I cleaned out her box, she came back in & took a nap , & she hadn't been awake long when I heard the mirror fall that's stuck to the side of her box. Well I didn't think anything of it bc she sometimes trys to jump on it to get out. But when I went over there to fix it she was all over the place.. she knocked her food over, her water.. so I picked her up & she cried. The I put her down & it's like she can't walk. She's all over the place stumbling. Her eyes are "blinking" more so than usual I think as well. Could she have fallen & hit her head? What is going on & what do I need to do? I'm freaking out!!!

Is it possible the mirror came off and hit her? She sounds panicked.

I think so.. or she fell.. bc she has calmed down now & doesn't seem so out of it. She's walking better & she isn't squealing when I pick her up. She's acting more normal. She's resting now. I think she got hit in the head somehow...It was like she was drunk. I took the mirror out completely! That just scared the crap out of me!!!

She's still not acting normal... But not as badly as she was. Is there anything I can do? Other than wait it out?
You think the mirror fell and hit her on the head? Poor baby, if she'd let you why not wrap her loosely in a blanket or towel and just hold her for a while. Can you look at her skin on her head and see any kind of mark?

There's no marks or bumps... I head here for a little bit she is sleeping now. That's the only thing I know could've happened or he fell on her head trying to jump out. It happened so fast. Like I said she has been great all day then I heard the mirror fall & walked over there & boom.... All of this! Maybe when she walks up from her nap she will feel better... I'm keeping an eye on her.
1f616.png

There's no marks or bumps... I head here for a little bit she is sleeping now. That's the only thing I know could've happened or he fell on her head trying to jump out. It happened so fast. Like I said she has been great all day then I heard the mirror fall & walked over there & boom.... All of this! Maybe when she walks up from her nap she will feel better... I'm keeping an eye on her.
1f616.png
I know you are watching her closely..
hugs.gif
Hoping when she wakes up she will be fine.

Keep an eye on her, I would try to avoid major exertion or excitement for her... maybe look up some after care information online for minor head injury. Prayers.

Back
Top Bottom