Emu Hatch-a-long 2012

Ok I have 2 more eggs coming by friday LOL

Me too...all the way from California!
fl.gif

Coming in late, but...

Does anyone know of any more emu hatching eggs available? I've had my incubator occupied until now and I really wanted to hatch out a few emu this season. Ugh, I'm so upset. There were two more eggs ending on eBay tonight, but I lost them because I found the seller blocked all accounts with two strikes in the last minute while I was bidding. I would have won them, too! :/

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that just one more pair turns up...

Me too...all the way from California!
fl.gif

Good news / bad news
They arrived just now, which is really good time.
One egg looks perfect.

The other egg had some moisture on one end and has 2 chips. One chip is tiny (< 1 mm) but the other is about 4 mm. I can't tell if it goes down into the egg itself. I sent a note to Ratitemomma. Any suggestions?

I know this was discussed earlier in the thread but now I can't find it...
hu.gif

wipe the chips with a disinfectant (Oxine if you have it.. otherwise I would use Listerine)
then patch with plain unscented candlewax

Thanks! The info resources here are great -- much better than trying to Google it
smile.png

Anybody else still got eggs 'cooking'? I have one due to hatch the last week of April and the new ones will be due the first week of June.

That would work out great because my son will be out of school soon after that and it will give him something really interesting to do. Get him outside, too. Otherwise it's a constant struggle to keep him off the computer
roll.png

I have 6 in their first week, I'll be weighing them later on today & hopefully they're losing the right amount...they're due around May 25.

This late in the season the only way I know is through eBay, the lady I get mine from is keeping the rest of hers. Avie, maybe she'll replace it?

Last edited:
This late in the season the only way I know is through eBay, the lady I get mine from is keeping the rest of hers. Avie, maybe she'll replace it?
She was really nice about it! She said that if there were any more eggs she'd replace it, but her girls haven't laid any for a few days. She thinks that they're done for the season.

If this spring doesn't work out for me, I'll definitely try again next year. I'm hooked. I think it's contagious!
roll.png

It will be interesting to see who here has the last emu chick to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom