emus need new home

JK Farms & Sanctuary

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Santa rosa
Hi all, iv finally brought mussels to the hard decision that my emus need a new home, im downsizing the farm due to a highrisk pregnancy and iv just got too much going on to spread out the live evenly amongst all the critters so the ones I'm least attached to need to go....
sad.png
breaks my heart to do this but I know it's for the best.
Im looking for a good home for my two young emus. They are about 4months old now, I do have their exact hatch date written down somewhere. I have not had them dna sexed, but I believe either a pair or possible two males. They stand about 3ft tall and just got in their big bird colors. They are healthy and sweet, once they warm up to you they will come eat out of your hand. They are used to living with chickens and my two potbelly pigs.if you interested in them please Email me info about the home you can provide. Please lots of space to run! I am asking an adoption fee and it's pick up only in santa rosa, ca. Thanks
Ps I will post updated pics once I'm able to get on a computer!

JK Farms & Sanctuary :

Hi all, iv finally brought mussels to the hard decision that my emus need a new home, im downsizing the farm due to a highrisk pregnancy and iv just got too much going on to spread out the live evenly amongst all the critters so the ones I'm least attached to need to go....
sad.png
breaks my heart to do this but I know it's for the best.
Im looking for a good home for my two young emus. They are about 4months old now, I do have their exact hatch date written down somewhere. I have not had them dna sexed, but I believe either a pair or possible two males. They stand about 3ft tall and just got in their big bird colors. They are healthy and sweet, once they warm up to you they will come eat out of your hand. They are used to living with chickens and my two potbelly pigs.if you interested in them please Email me info about the home you can provide. Please lots of space to run! I am asking an adoption fee and it's pick up only in santa rosa, ca. Thanks
Ps I will post updated pics once I'm able to get on a computer!

I am so sorry you have to re-home them. I would be heartbroken but you have to do what is best for you. I am still looking for a female. I cannot take in another male but if one of them is a female I would take it in a heartbeat. Would you be willing to work with me on getting them DNA sexed? I would pay for the tests if you would pull the feathers. Let me know. I am in Auburn, CA and have five acres for them to run. Here's my boys.

Mary, Buck 'N Run Ranch

Hi! I would love the emus!!!! I am up near Sacramento but we would come pick them up in a heartbeat if they are reasonably priced. How much are you asking? These emus will have 6 acres to free range at my house and they will have a barn to stay in at night. I treat my all of animals with great care--I treat them like family.

Wishing you much luck with your pregnancy!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It is the owners decision what to do with these guys but I am currently having them DNA tested to see if one is a female. I already have two males. If one is a female would you be interested in the male if I buy them both?

Quote:
It is the owners decision what to do with these guys but I am currently having them DNA tested to see if one is a female. I already have two males. If one is a female would you be interested in the male if I buy them both?

Yes I would if it is ok with the owner. I have talked to her and if they are male I will buy them and if they are female they go to you
wink.png

DNA test results are back! I will be mean to you all, like I was to the seller, and make you scroll for it.

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

I called Louis and Stuart over to tell them the news before they heard it from someone else.

34566_hubba.jpg

They each get their own!
wee.gif
They are both GIRLS!
wee.gif
Picking up on Wednesday!
wee.gif
Sorry T Greenhut.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom