Ended - Coop Contest Fall/Winter 2009 - Win $20 Gift Cert.

Quote:
You have one of the nicest coops I've ever seen! What a great combination of utility & comfort yet not fancy.. just my style. I will be voting for you for sure.

P.S. it looks like as your birds grow the roost ladder might have them pooping on each other... might want a little more spread between perches.. a 1' or more... I did that when I started too.. was fine until they hit 6&7 months old. But I'm not complaining... seriously... I think yours is awesome!!!! Wow! It's like a real cabin in the woods! Good job.. it took a little longer than you expected but WOW what a result.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks so much, I've gotten so many kind comments. No worries about the poop. They always face forward and have ample space to avoid bombing their sisters on the lower rungs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=22059-corner-coop-inside-barn-garage
Please
enter our coop in the contest.
It is an "indoor" coop. I mean that it was built in the corner of an already existing large 2 car garage/barn. So it is different from many coops on here.
It has so much insulation because we live in chilly Central NH.
It has 3 exterior windows, 1 "interior" window(opens to inside of garage), and one thermostatically controlled vent.
Please let me know if anything is glaringly "off". We are brand new to chickens. These are our first 5!

I am most impressive to see all the great coop designs posted. The never ending imaginations and great skills of all of the BYC people out there never ceases to amaze me. I would not like to be the judge of these contests.
Nifty, BYC is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom