Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

Quote:
Michelle, what you said really resonated with me! I've often wanted to live somewhere else, work somewhere else, etc. but I convinced myself that I'd just be taking my negative depressed brain with me and that I would never change. But you have given me hope! Thank you!

Quote:
Good morning!! I am here.

Just returned from taking DS to school. Considering it was the first day of High School I decided to take him to town. He was so nervous! About 4 blocks away I asked how he was doing. "I think I may throw up a little, then he giggled!"

I am having a little feel sorry for myself moment here, so bear with me...

sad.png
th.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif
hu.gif
hit.gif
sickbyc.gif
My only child started high school and I will be 39 next month!
old.gif

OK, OK, I am done know! Thanks for letting me do that and sorry for the outburst!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Michelle, what you said really resonated with me! I've often wanted to live somewhere else, work somewhere else, etc. but I convinced myself that I'd just be taking my negative depressed brain with me and that I would never change. But you have given me hope! Thank you!

Well, thank you and good luck! I was scared to death to try something different and my husband was changing jobs at the same time, but we decided to do it together. I used to work odd hours and weekends at a Nursing Home and went from there to the radio station. Talk about a change! I had never even been in a radio station before, much less work an 8-5 job, no weekends (unless I want to) and a very flexible boss that allows me not to miss anything with my children. I have met so many wonderful people working in sales and I love being creative in writing ads! I was very lucky and I am very happy (most days) where I am. One important thing I learned is that as I removed myself from the negative atmosphere, I also removed myself from the negative people in it. I guess I love being around people in general, but I limit my time with the negative ones. Life is too short to spend around people who bring you down! Besides, if I were at my old job I wouldn't be able to be on BYC all day! Give it a try! I am going on 3 years, and kicking myself for not trying it sooner!

Quote:
Good morning!! I am here.

Just returned from taking DS to school. Considering it was the first day of High School I decided to take him to town. He was so nervous! About 4 blocks away I asked how he was doing. "I think I may throw up a little, then he giggled!"

I am having a little feel sorry for myself moment here, so bear with me...

sad.png
th.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif
hu.gif
hit.gif
sickbyc.gif
My only child started high school and I will be 39 next month!
old.gif

OK, OK, I am done know! Thanks for letting me do that and sorry for the outburst!
big_smile.png

hugs.gif
I completely understand how you feel! Wait until he takes off for the first day driving himself! I know you drove home smiling knowing he will be just fine and make you proud. Why? Because you raised him to be a fine young man!

The bright side of it all? No more having to share the computer with him during the day!
woot.gif
gig.gif

Hello everyone! I am actually posting in other places! And found my way back! Be sure and read my run-in with baking soda(a true story) here.
th.gif
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=234949&p=2

How
sad to watch the young ones grow up. But how satisfying to see the wonderful people they become! My DH and I are empty nesters as of last year for the first time since we were married. Enjoy these last years with your teens but also look forward to the times to come. They are worth waiting for!

I could sure use a yuengling right now!
big_smile.png

Charmed--Now that was a funny story!
lau.gif
I have been posting elsewhere too, but it is nice to come back here!
Speaking of Yuengling, what the heck has happened to NY? We may have to go out there and look for her!
Apparently thechickenchick is really baking cookies or something? I hope her first day of school went well. Or, maybe she has had to tend to Bruce some more. I wonder how he is doing also?

Quote:
I'll just bet NY has had too much of that Yuengling! It might be a good thing we can't get it here! As for Chickenchick, I wouldn't be surprised if she ain't cooking all his favorite foods! I can remember getting popcorn balls and carmel apples when we got off the bus sometimes. I must be getting nostalgic or something. It's this weather! I've said it once and I'll say it again:
cancan.gif
Fall is here! Fall is here!
cancan.gif
Hurray for fall!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Fall is definitely here! We are still waiting for it to rain today. Some storms went just north and south of us this morning, but only clouds and a few sprinkles so far here. I know as soon as I open my office door for some fresh air there will be a downpour! Fall....countdown to football...2 days!

You are too funny! You were both right! I was in the kitchen, trying to keep myself busy. He called between school and FB just to tell me he had a great first day.
love.gif
I can't wait to hear more when he gets home. I will fill you in tomorrow!

Quote:
Thanks for wondering about that silly dog! He is doing just fine. He is back at work. I plan on picking him up here in a little while. He stayed at the shop last night. We missed him so I figured I had better go get him.

I hope NY is ok. Has anyone heard from her?

Back
Top Bottom