Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

You gave me goose bumps! I definitely see something there. Is she going to tell it that it can stay as long as it behaves, or will she try to get it to leave? Your grandson looks like such a sweetie heart!
love.gif

Wow Charmed, your post gave me chills. What is it like when the granddaughter sees dead people? Many moons ago, my DH and I bought our first house, we were so excited. It was out in the country, had a beautiful rolling yard and tons of room. It had came available, because the elderly lady who had owned it all her life was coming down the stairs in the night with a shotgun because she was 'hearing' things and said someone was getting into her house. Her adult children came and inspected, they could not find anything. This continued, and they took her out of the home and I believe placed her in a nursing home, I can't remember her exact age, it seems I remember she was in her 80's.
So, everyone attributed it all to the thought that she was starting to have some dementia. sp?
Well the first night we moved in, we slept in the huge living room on the sofa and love seat as we had a water bed it was not set up yet. Our oldest son had his 1st birthday that day and we had a combo BD and move-in party. The the middle of the first night, the window in the kitchen came slamming down. We jumped up like what the $#@# LOL. These windows were 100 years old I think LOL, and super sticky. We just looked at each other like, how the heck and blew it off.
It all just started from there. I have lots more to tell if you want to hear it.
pop.gif
big_smile.png

All the trips sound wonderful! As you can see we did not go to see Avatar today, I looked into it, and our town does not have the 3D. So our plan is to drive to Columbus on Sunday to see it. I hope it is not sold out. I have heard the plot is terrible and predictable, but the movie effects make it worth going to see?

I have been cleaning on this house, so that has kept me busy. I have a household project I want to work on too. A couple years ago we took out our interior basement stairs, their placement made our living room the smallest one on the planet. Taking them out really made the living room much more useable and it is so much better. But we do need an interior access. If only to get these kids somewhere to run around and get out of my hair! So I am thinking of using a closet to house some spiral stairs to the basement. I have been watching for an affordable set on craig s list. I can't wait to get to work on it.

We do have sunshine today!

Quote:
You have some great ambitions!! Good luck on the stairs!!!
I would love to hear your ghost stories.
ya.gif
We use to hear voices in the basement of our old house. I finally saged the basement and got rid of them. Spill!! I want to hear!
caf.gif

That is neat to hear the saging worked! And I agree, adorable grandson for sure!
Sorry, I got kicked off there and coudn't get back on! We are so in the boonies, that the laptop has to be sitting in only a certain position to get a signal on the verizon card. LOL

Ok, here we go, afternoon ghost stories.
old.gif

Let's see...I remember one of the next things that began happening was a rhythmic clanging in the basement. This was not your ordinary basement.
big_smile.png
It was your good old dirt floor basement with the stone block walls, not mason blocks. There was a door in the kitchen housed the stairway down. It turned about-face as you went down so you could not see all the way down as you were going. Not good. Haaa
wink.png

Of course the washer and dryer were down there, so I had to go down often, uggg. There was a block wall dividing off the center of the basement with only a doorway, so you could not see the other side of the basement from the stair side. On the far side, believe it or not, straighth out of Amityville, there was a well/spring? hole in the basement, covered by wooden boards. Other than a fuel tank, and this hole, there was nothing on this side of the basement.
Used to be that my DH would go coon-hunting sometimes at night. This clanging started one night while I laid in bed and he was gone. It was very loud, the sound of someone hitting a metal pipe on another metal object in a steady beat fashion. Then it would stop. These were the days before cell phones LOL, so alone I was.
This continued to happen several times, it would only be when I was alone (with our son).
(Now I can find it funny) one day it started during the day when I was home alone. I actually, believe it or not, got up the courage to open that door in the kitchen. I remember thinking I was sick of this sh*t. Haaa I stood there with the door open, seeing only the wall from the turn on the steps. I remember it was loud when I opened the door, it continued.

I went down the steps, turned the corner and made it almost to the doorway to that empty side of the basement and it stopped. I tell ya, I hauled butt back up the steps!
Of course DH would look and check and there was nothing. It always came from that half of the basement with the dark hole.
jawsmiley.gif

I have many more.

Jazzy I love your stories! They gave me goose bumps too! I want to hear all you got
big_smile.png
Like Charmed said though, save them for tomorrow when she is on.

Charmed I can understand making her leave, I think I would too. I knew someone in my hometown that used saging also and it worked for them too.
How are things at your Dads today?

Michelle and NY must be super busy today. I miss you guys.

I baked Chocolate Chip Cookies today! I know, not diet friendly
smack.gif
but the "boys" are happy!

Hi guys! I find this all very fascinating! I have had a busy, busy day. I had a meeting at 2pm about some sales. Got back, Tonna called with a chocolate craving. So, across the street I went with Thanks A Lot Girl Scout cookies in hand. I start on one while we are talking and we hear a big crash. Look outside, sure enough and...it is Tonna's bosses' wife as one of the vehicles. So, we go out to see if we can assist in any way. She seems to be pretty okay, but will be sore since she smacked her knees in the dash. (She pulled right out in front of someone in a fairly blind spot). The other person had the car banged up pretty good and she hit her head and nose was bleeding and seemed pretty disoriented. The ambulance is still outside my door with her in it, so I am not sure what is going on. It is all cleaned up except for they are towing Connie's car now. I will still have to wait a while before I can leave.

Quote:
As fascinating as it all is, I would have to make her leave too. I had one small experience and it scared the crap out of me! I love hearing stories, reading books, watching it on TV and movies, but heaven help if I ever had something to me!
hide.gif

Oh my goodness Michelle, I hope she is alright. I miss seeing you all also!

Ahhhhhhh chocolate chip, that would be amazing and perfect with a cup of coffee right now.
love.gif

Glad you liked my story ! LOL

Well went out to go to the store, got in my van, and it would not move! I tried rocking it forward and back, but the wheels would only spin. I cannot see anything near the wheels, it can only be the layer of ice in the driveway. Scary thing is, the weather report says sun tomorrow, then precip all the rest of the week. We have a layer of ice an inch or two thick everywhere. I sure hope some of it melts off tomorrow. This is not good, I am out of coffee creamer and the store is closed after DH gets off work. I NEED my coffee! HAA

hit.gif
hit.gif

Quote:
She looked better when she came out of the ambulance. Her hubby came and took her to a different hosp to get checked out.
If you get our weather, it is just drizzle and the fog is back. Things here are slowly thawing, but still lots of ice here too.
Des and I did our workout again this evening. Tonight we worked our legs. I will let you know how it went when I try to get off the couch again! Lol

Back
Top Bottom