Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

Quote:
Ummmm...I want to know what you do for a living.
lol.png

Me too!
wink.png
But it does look pretty nice!

Me too, but what I REALLY want to know is how you convinced your husband to let you paint yellow in the house! That is the ONE color he won't let me paint, and I love love love yellow!

Hi everyone ! Hope this answers many of the questions.

This is my dream house. Hit "VIEW MY BYC PAGE" for more details. It was built with my inheritance as I got it early because of extenuating circumstance. I didn't really know what was happening until it was already under way. I was very sick and not expected to survive to today. I had owned the property for about 20 years and had designed the house. I never expected for it to be built - sorta hoped to sell the plans some day.

I am a struggling blueprinter. I own my own business but No one is building so they don't need plans so I have no work. I currently have a negative cash flow.
My husband is a C.F.P. and he owns his Farmers insurance company franchise. Gratefully he is still in positive cash flow.

The house was 1/3 the size when Mark came into my life. Mark wanted all these extras added. Like space to entertain his friends and business aquaitances ( he has entertained 60 for a football men only party and I understand there was room to spare), indoor space for vehicles, a second bedroom, and he insisted he needed a place for his clothes. Sheesh!
As if the workshop wasn't enough space! It's a log cabin we built by our hands completely and is just over 900 sq ft to the south of the house.

Each of the colors are a compromise. The colors are in the golden ranges. I took them from 1 strip of color. They are pastels and from the darkest is Fools Gold, Golden Straw Hat, Rock Candy, Twilight Sun and on the ceilings is Vanilla Ice Cream. That blue wall is the comporomise since I love sky colors like whites, blues and such, He likes earth tones and "no color" at least that's what I call it. That was a h**l of a build. Don't get me started. I can go on for hours about all of it I can still remember.

I am hoping that he will allow me to run a B&B out of the house just on those race weekends next year as we are 1 mile from the Chicagoland Speedway. It would help make the ends meet in the middle better. He's worried about liability and strangers in the house.

So come on over on the 20th. That would be the best time. I will entertain anyone passing through any other time. I love company.
love.gif

edited because sometimes my fingers can't spell

Last edited:
Quote:
What a neat, neat story!! We travel through Illinois to get to relatives in Indiana, but not that far north. Maybe one of these days... (always up for a road trip!)

Quote:
I hadn't noticed, but I read that! We travel through Springfield and over to go to my Aunt's who is near Lafayette, Indiana. Sis and I are going out for a Purdue/Notre Dame game October 1st.

PFF .. I've always wondered about heating a house like that in northern winters.. with the tall ceilings and all those windows..

what kind of heat do you use?

Quote:
DH finally said yes to chickens, just have to build a coop now and get some! But I'm about 80% sure we can come. Not 100%.

Good news! What kind are you wanting to get?

Back
Top Bottom