Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

Quote:
We have a baby !!!!

We've been on the road for two weeks .. so I"m TOTALLY out of the loop.

Oh and GREAT NEWS Robin!

Quote:
Atopica. I
love.gif
that drug for atopic dogs, but not the price.
hugs.gif
I'll have to look into it and see how much it is down here. I knew it was expensive, but didn't know it was THAT expensive. What mg is he on? Did they put him on antibiotics/antifungals too? If he's smelly he's got an infection on top of the allergies. Our allergy testing is only $300. Maybe it's so expensive b/c you're in NY?

50 mg's no other meds except ear meds...Hoping this will be great but I can tell you that his first does did NOT go well today..He vomited all over.... I'll have to play with it when he eats and such--it might be the fact I gave him acepromazine to knock his butt out to shave him right to almost his skin today..Got that from the vets too to help with shaving him a few times a year..both meds in one was maybe too much:( My poor baby is hating me right now:( BUT...he is all shaven right down to his toes:) I bathed him in oatmeal shampoo and scrubbed his scabies off
sickbyc.gif
poor thing..another bath in a day or two to do it again to get ll the dry dead skin off...the allergy testing is 300$ then another 250$ to create the formula for him specifically..then the formula for me to dose him! 600$ plus....Now I did web search and found the same meds ( atopica) a generic name was out there for nearly 1/3 the cost--SAME named ingredient and mg!! what do you think? 59$ for 30 days instead of 140$... http://www.petmedsnmore.com/pmm/sto...UserID=5713279&SessionID=q2b8nE8QSsUpFsjZiYjj

I hope you mean scrubbed his sabbies off (scabies = nasty mange that you can catch
lol.png
).

Generic cyclosporine doesn't always have the same efficacy as Atopica b/c of the way it's compounded, but if you get it under control with the Atopica then you can always try the generic and see if it works.
big_smile.png

Quote:
50 mg's no other meds except ear meds...Hoping this will be great but I can tell you that his first does did NOT go well today..He vomited all over.... I'll have to play with it when he eats and such--it might be the fact I gave him acepromazine to knock his butt out to shave him right to almost his skin today..Got that from the vets too to help with shaving him a few times a year..both meds in one was maybe too much:( My poor baby is hating me right now:( BUT...he is all shaven right down to his toes:) I bathed him in oatmeal shampoo and scrubbed his scabies off
sickbyc.gif
poor thing..another bath in a day or two to do it again to get ll the dry dead skin off...the allergy testing is 300$ then another 250$ to create the formula for him specifically..then the formula for me to dose him! 600$ plus....Now I did web search and found the same meds ( atopica) a generic name was out there for nearly 1/3 the cost--SAME named ingredient and mg!! what do you think? 59$ for 30 days instead of 140$... http://www.petmedsnmore.com/pmm/sto...UserID=5713279&SessionID=q2b8nE8QSsUpFsjZiYjj

I hope you mean scrubbed his sabbies off (scabies = nasty mange that you can catch
lol.png
).

Generic cyclosporine doesn't always have the same efficacy as Atopica b/c of the way it's compounded, but if you get it under control with the Atopica then you can always try the generic and see if it works.
big_smile.png

Ok ..Kelly he is a mess..the Atopica makes him vomit...I have to time it perfectly when he eats..3-4 hours after his last meal then pill.just before his bedtime. he didnt vomit last night but had the runs this am:( This poor dog:( Then I made him come into bed with me and snuggle him warm because I shaved all his fur off to scrub him down and get his scabs off...
hit.gif
I feel so bad and that Im doing something worng that he is like the wat he is:(

On a much happier note...WHERES THESE BABY PHOTOS!!!!!

Is he on any other meds? Antibiotics? You could try an over-the-counter GI protectant to help him out. Famotidine (Pepcid) might help. How much does he weigh?

And on a side note...I would try not to do the allergy injections if you don't have to. They're a PITA. He should probably be on an antihistamine too, like hydroxyzine.

Last edited:
Quote:
I knew I smelled baby?!! He is SO precious!!

There are times you can definitely smell him!
sickbyc.gif
But seriously, I love going home and still smelling that precious little baby scent on my clothes!

Back
Top Bottom