Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

Oh I do sell already....
I sell Narr Turkeys, Ancona ducks, Buff ducks, Mallards, BLRW's, Bantam Cochins, Showgirls , EE's,possibly D'Anvers and next year I'll be selling goslings of Buff and Toulouse if all goes well.
I have a lot separated already for pures but I still need to decide how many I really want to do...and what sells best around here. Right now I have a lot of birds, probably close to two hundred counting babies and birds just started for meat.
I actually have what I call a "people" fence we put up to keep the birds off my porch! I was sick of bird poop being all over it! They pretty much own my entire backyard , and the dogs run is the entire side of the house...we (the people) get the front and the driveway pretty much
lol.png

For breeders I will have: (some ducks and chickens are babies right now, as are the Buff geese, and 2 of the Toulouse)

Turkeys: 2 Toms and 4 hens
Ancona Ducks: 2 Drakes and 6 hens
Buff Ducks: 1 drake and 2 hens
Mallards:2 drakes and 6 hens
BLRW's: 2 roos and 10 hens
Cochins: 2 roos and 10 hens
Showgirls/Silkies: 2 roos and 8 hens
Buff Geese: 1 pair
Toulouse geese: a trio

And my laying flock is roughly 60 birds of ALL different breeds....3 roosters and the rest hens.

So I have some decisions to make...LOL...

ETA: I'm sorry you are having to deal with the quarantining and also selling the house....whew! That's enough stress for one person right there....

Last edited:
You have quite a lot on your plate with your birds. Goodness! Makes my lot seem manageable.
Yeah, the house selling his causing a lot of stress and tantrums. DH bought a farm with his mom and they've subdivided it into two properties. A piece of land with some buildings (where we squat) and a huge plot with the main house where MIL lives and some more buildings. They've divided the main house into a house and a flat, so she can live there and use most of the house for paying guests.
We've now sold the land and we were going to buy her a house elsewhere and move into her flat. Then her car packed up, totally. She can't get a new car and a house from the land sale's money. It's not enough.
So yesterday we had some discussions and decided to move into the guesthouse, until we sell the place. We could (should) just take our money and go, but she freaked and DH, being a good boy, decided to stick around until she's sorted. She's quite capable of selling the house by herself, but she won't, so I compromised and said we get the guesthouse to live in, half the money from the land and we're not staying longer than a few months (I'm thinking 6 months, starting now). For the sake of our rather fragile peaceful state, DH agreed.
His biggest worry, he said, is that I'll kill his mom while we're living next to her
lau.gif

Yeah, I know. I'll behave...
smile.png

I'm in touch with a property agent who's been doing well sales wise in spite of the recession and all the problems we've had. He's keen to try and sell our house, so I'll put him to work. Would be awesome if he gets us a buyer
fl.gif
I can't wait to move...

Quite a few things, sadly!
1. The people here. Gossip, resentment, general negativity. Do not let people get the impression that you are doing well/are better off than them. My boss inherited her business and moved here recently and she's getting so much ill will from some of the locals, it's unreal.
2. The crop spraying all over this area is making us sick. All the time. Sinus and other respiratory infections, severe heartburn and diarrhoea is all too common. We go through through huge amounts of medicine.
3. Which brings us to another inconvenience. We only have a doctor in town 3 days a week from 14:00-16:00. So if you get sick or injured, you either suffer or call an ambulance or go to the next town which is about 30 miles away. One of our local paramedics raised funds to get us an emergency room, but the municipality stole the money...
4. The crime rate. Someone discovered theft can be quite a lucrative business and the local police can't catch a cold. So we are now at a stage where we cannot leave our house for even a few hours without something getting stolen. And often they come while you are in. A local guesthouse owner got assaulted pretty bad recently when he confronted a burglar.
5. The weather. In summer the temperature occasionally reach 130. Not nice!
6. Very few jobs and business opportunities. We had to sell most of our furniture just to survive the past few years.

And there's more. But that's enough negativity!
I'm thinking positive house selling thoughts and wondering what I'm going to do with my chickens... Got one or two chicken loving people in mind already.

WOW. I feel silly being unhappy with my place now....
hide.gif

Yes, crime has increased tremendously, and will continue I'm afraid! Seems people have no sense of right and wrong anymore! Terrible....

Where are you located ? I don't ever wanna move there!!

Here's to hoping your place sells quickly! Where are you looking to move to?

Small town in the Western Cape province, South Africa.
We're emigrating to the UK. My DH is English and we want my son to get a British passport, which means we'll have to go live there for a few years. I don't mind!
Things are going from bad to worse in SA now. Which is sad. This used to be an awesome country to live in. It's still a good place to visit, especially this region, but to stay here, get work, earn enough to keep up with the insane inflation...
th.gif

But, hey, 6 months
yesss.gif

Small town in the Western Cape province, South Africa.
We're emigrating to the UK. My DH is English and we want my son to get a British passport, which means we'll have to go live there for a few years. I don't mind!
Things are going from bad to worse in SA now. Which is sad. This used to be an awesome country to live in. It's still a good place to visit, especially this region, but to stay here, get work, earn enough to keep up with the insane inflation...
th.gif

But, hey, 6 months
yesss.gif

Sumi! You must, must send me some pics of your area! I have always wanted to visit Africa, well....mostly the remote parts, but I just love the landscape there.

The UK....I don't know much about over there. i've been in the States my whole life and also haven't traveled to only a handful of them.

Umm... that would be 5 months and 29 days now
big_smile.png

I'm thinking of starting a day chart...
lol.png

This area is semi-dessert, but beautiful in its way. The mountains here are awesome. and the sunrise this time of the year is breathtaking.
If you get round to SA one day take the R62 from Cape Town, then from Oudtshoorn go to George and continue on the coastal road to Plettenberg Bay. Beautiful part of the world that.
In the meantime, PM me your email address and I'll send you some photos. Don't want to make this thread too heavy.

Back
Top Bottom