Everyone is 50/50 on whether this is a pullet or cockerel šŸ˜‚

Pics
Idk my first batch of chickens my aunt who owned chickens forever said that the one who is a rooster was a hen from his pale face and the rest were roosters and I still think itā€™s funny that my 3 ā€œroostersā€ are laying eggs while my only ā€œhenā€ is the father of them allšŸ˜‚

That's been what I've been thinking too. I appreciate your input! Ours hasn't crowed yet.
Which is one of the reasons I think yours is a pullet.

I said mine crowed, but I didn't say it is a rooster. She is now a 3 year old hen who crows. She also mounts other birds at times. But, she is very much a hen and lays a beautiful blue egg.

The color of the comb on yours is about right for the age. I don't see any saddle feathers starting. You could spread the feathers so you can look to see if any are starting, though. The red that Kiki mentioned, I think is more a brown. The legs do look thick in one picture, but others not so much. You haven't heard any attempts at crowing, yet. I say pullet.

I said mine crowed, but I didn't say it is a rooster. She is now a 3 year old hen who crows. She also mounts other birds at times. But, she is very much a hen and lays a beautiful blue egg.

The color of the comb on yours is about right for the age. I don't see any saddle feathers starting. You could spread the feathers so you can look to see if any are starting, though. The red that Kiki mentioned, I think is more a brown. The legs do look thick in one picture, but others not so much. You haven't heard any attempts at crowing, yet. I say pullet.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your last message.

We have an older hen who crows every morning šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Back
Top Bottom