Everyone, post your best homemade chicken feed recipes!

just curious ... How do you divide one beef patty among that many chickens? cooked or raw? I got what I cally Piggy GIRLS I have to carry the bowl around rotate on my stool to see all get some > I even have to gently push some away or follow the low on" totem pole" ones to give them some. during the feeding frenzy
AND if would have to be really really freezeburned and yuccky or moldy before I wasted esp grass fed meat..... LOL
just a saying
thanks

just curious ... How do you divide one beef patty among that many chickens? cooked or raw? I got what I cally Piggy GIRLS I have to carry the bowl around rotate on my stool to see all get some > I even have to gently push some away or follow the low on" totem pole" ones to give them some. during the feeding frenzy
AND if would have to be really really freezeburned and yuccky or moldy before I wasted esp grass fed meat..... LOL
just a saying
thanks

I cook a big pot of peas every night to add to my fermented mix in the morning, so I cook whatever piece of meat I am using with the peas. Then in the morning I dice it up really finely and add it to my 3 gallons of fermented feed.
It was pretty darn freezer burnt. Not an enjoyable meal for a person but the chickens love it!

Last edited:

I asked for premix and I got this. It looks just like soybean meal with some black dots in it. Looks nothing like any other premix I ever seen.

My ration is 3 parts corn 1 part wheat 2 parts soybean meal then premix. I carefully weighed everything out and it ends up needing 3 parts of this premix. It don't say soybean meal on the tag but i know what soybean meal looks like and this is it. Over half my ration ends up soybean meal. I suppose I should leave the soybean meal out and just use this because I know its got to be soybean meal even though it don't say it on the bag. This is a Purina product.

I know someone is going to come on and say don't use soy it causes cancer bla bla Monsanto. Don't waste your time. Ive heard it before.

"Plant protein products" is undoubtedly soy. I'm not sure what part of a soy plant are high in protein but it may not be boyBEAN meal so much as the whole plant, ground up.

Last edited:
"Plant protein products" is undoubtedly soy. I'm not sure what part of a soy plant are high in protein but it may not be boyBEAN meal so much as the whole plant, ground up.
If you don't know the answer to the question then don't post incorrect information.

Plant protein products can include Soy Bean meal, Canola Meal, Dried Distiller Grains, and other protein products derived from plants. It certainly is not the whole ground soybean plant.

I asked for premix and I got this. It looks just like soybean meal with some black dots in it. Looks nothing like any other premix I ever seen.

My ration is 3 parts corn 1 part wheat 2 parts soybean meal then premix. I carefully weighed everything out and it ends up needing 3 parts of this premix. It don't say soybean meal on the tag but i know what soybean meal looks like and this is it. Over half my ration ends up soybean meal. I suppose I should leave the soybean meal out and just use this because I know its got to be soybean meal even though it don't say it on the bag. This is a Purina product.

I know someone is going to come on and say don't use soy it causes cancer bla bla Monsanto. Don't waste your time. Ive heard it before.
You need to read the tag, you do not add Soybean Meal to this product. You must need to mix it with corn and some minerals. By adding SBM against the instructions of the tag you are supply way too much protein to your chickens.

farmerjon1 why dont you call the COMPANY first thing Monday???? Cause its hard to understand if you supp to add anything other than your grain mixed.. that my two cents worth
good luck

Weidercharm what is DNS in your feed list? Ditetmaateous Spelling ?0 earth? please explain how are they eating your mix? are they picking thru. Or did you grind it all? did you do any additives Also you say meal worms.. what form?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom